• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I would ask to handle both of them and buy whichever one feels better to you. My hunch tells me the rifle is more ergonomic because of the proper rifle stock but I've never handled the pistol (15-22p) version so I'd have to feel both.

15-22p would be easier to throw in a backpack or small bag which could come in handy

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    I have both. The pistol with a folding stock adapter is a great little package. The rifle gives me the AR Battle Rifle feel, but at .22LR prices. I like going to the range and reliving my Army BRM days!!
    I have the original models. I took the rifle lower, and the pistol upper, and had a fantastic SBR. At the time it was the best 22 AR platform available. Using the pistol upper meant I never had any cycling problems that many got by simply cutting the rifle barrel. I actually got both of them in the INGO classifieds!!
    If I was to only do one, I would do the rifle.

Sthunter987

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Southern Johnson County
    I have both. The pistol with a folding stock adapter is a great little package. The rifle gives me the AR Battle Rifle feel, but at .22LR prices. I like going to the range and reliving my Army BRM days!!
    I have the original models. I took the rifle lower, and the pistol upper, and had a fantastic SBR. At the time it was the best 22 AR platform available. Using the pistol upper meant I never had any cycling problems that many got by simply cutting the rifle barrel. I actually got both of them in the INGO classifieds!!
    I'm keeping an eye open on the classifieds to see if either come available instead of buying from the local gun store prices.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    My experience with ar pistols is I prefer rifles. However, depending on your intended use, a pistol with a folding stock adaptor would be the best of both worlds for sure.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Are you getting it as a trainer or a range toy? If a trainer, what are you training to use? Rifle or AR pistol?

I have had 15-22 rifle for quite some time. Really like it. Would like to handle the pistol version.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    If you like 22s, you cannot make a wrong decision here. I have the pistol version and I don't use mine as a trainer, I plink and occasionally dispatch varmits and other small game for table fare.
    These are fun guns and cheap to shoot.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    How did you make a 15-22 pistol fold when it has a molded in buffer tube?

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have both the rifle and the new pistol version with the brace. They both are fun to shoot especially with a binary. I have done quite a few mods to the rifle but other than a red dot and grip change didn't see the need to mod the pistol

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    How did you make a 15-22 pistol fold when it has a molded in buffer tube?
    I have seen an adapter for the 15-22 but it involved cutting of the buffer tube. This was on a rifle and you wouldn't be able to go back to a regular stock.

I don't know what Medcoxo used but I am also curious.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Did you do this to the original version with the quad rail or the new version that just came out around the 1st of 2021?
    Original quad rail version. And I have not yet put the folding adapter on it yet. I only have one on my Charger Take Down. The one for the 1522 is still in the 'Things to do' stack.
    The original quad version bolts were cut out and lighter, so if you simply cut down the rifle barrel, guys had feeding problems due to the reduction in the blow back and not being able to cycle the action. Using the pistol upper did not have that problem.

Sthunter987

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Southern Johnson County
    Well I took your advise and waited until yesterday when another member here posted the 15-22 rifle. Its now mine. Now I need a forward grip and sling for it but not sure where to buy these. Any suggestions? This rifle will be a training version for the AR 556.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I seen a guy run one of these at a outlaw steel competition. It ran really well I don't think he missed a target.

I ask him about it he said he like it much more than the S&W version.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I seen a guy run one of these at a outlaw steel competition. It ran really well I don't think he missed a target.

I ask him about it he said he like it much more than the S&W version.
    I bought CKW a Tippman and yes it is hands down better set up than the M&P.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I vote buying the rifle. I have one of the old style quad rail types and it's been a great rifle. Mine is primarily for training where I use it as a substitute for an AR. Mine is all beat up looking now and has held up great. As far as a utility type of 22lr, I think there's better options that are more accurate. The pistol looks cool to me and it does interest me, but at the end of the day the regular rifle version is just a simpler less legal headaches gun to use. I put a can on my 15-22 and with subsonic's it's hollywood quiet and functions 100%.

**I would also add, I had hoped that over the years eventually S&W would make an aluminum upper so whatever optic you mount to it would actually hold an accurate zero but that hasn't happened yet. That's my only gripe on the rifle.

Top Bottom