• ...and so much more!
  • xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    :orly:

The center dot on the EO is 1 MOA... what size targets are you shooting at?

I'm sure he's referring to the 65 MOA circle around it.
    With that being said, there are EOTech's available with only the 1 MOA dot. That may be an option for the OP. You could get lucky and find a nice used one for $250.. or you could just save a little more and have a better chance of snagging one for $300 or a little over. The same can be said of an older model Aimpoint, like an ML2 or Comp M.
    I have an Aimpoint and an EO and love 'em equally.. they each have their purpose though. And like others have said, that's what it comes down to.

But if your budget is strict, I'd also suggest a Vortex or a Primary Arms optic.

Superj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Florida
    My first red dot was a cheapie that did not allow for any confidence. I then bought a trijicon acog that I loved, but did not feel the need for the 4x optic. I sold my trijicon and bought a aimpoint comp m4 and I absolutely love it.

Keep your eye out in the classifieds for someone parting with their aimpoint.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The Burris TAC30 is a really good optic for what you describe. The center dot is large, but that can be an advantage at close range. Primary Arms makes several good budget optics and mounts as well.

Stay away from NC-Star. That junk is stamped out on a rodent powered assembly line.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I'm sure he's referring to the 65 MOA circle around it.
    With that being said, there are EOTech's available with only the 1 MOA dot. That may be an option for the OP. You could get lucky and find a nice used one for $250.. or you could just save a little more and have a better chance of snagging one for $300 or a little over. The same can be said of an older model Aimpoint, like an ML2 or Comp M.
    I have an Aimpoint and an EO and love 'em equally.. they each have their purpose though. And like others have said, that's what it comes down to.

But if your budget is strict, I'd also suggest a Vortex or a Primary Arms optic.

You are correct about the 65MOA circle is what I was referring to. Today I lucked right in an awesome deal. I was having lunch at a local bbq joint that I go to regularly and have gotten to know the owner. We were discussing a new Glock that he just purchased and he said that he might have to sell something to offset the cost. I asked him what he was interested in selling and he said he had an EOTech sight that he bought new for his AR and he really didn't like it. I said "yeah I don't like that big circle either." Then he asked "what circle? mine doesn't have a circle." He went out to his truck and got it, still in the box and brought it for me to look at. I was an XPS2 with a single 1MOA dot and no circle. So of course I was interested, but assumed it would be out of my price range. I asked him what he wanted for it............................................
    .$200..SOLD, SOLD, SOLD:rockwoot:

huzyerdaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Hamilton County
    So I have been looking for some sort of optic for my flat top M-4. At first I was going to go with an EOTech, but a friend of mine has one and at 100 yards it completely covers the target. Then I thought I would put a 3-9 scope on it, but at shorter ranges the 3x is too much. Now I am thinking about maybe going with either a 1.25-4 or a 2-7 scope from NC Star (Welcome to NcSTAR). This is my only rifle other than my .22lr so it is a range gun, SHTF gun or anything else it needs to be at the time. Also, I have a limited budget, so about $250 is the most I can spend.

Search=

swfa is a great site as suggested above

rob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Id take a look at the nikon m223 1-4x scope. Its 259$ at midway and right now nikon has a free mount with it. I jus ordered one myself but haven't received it yet.

gixer454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Logansport
    You are correct about the 65MOA circle is what I was referring to. Today I lucked right in an awesome deal. I was having lunch at a local bbq joint that I go to regularly and have gotten to know the owner. We were discussing a new Glock that he just purchased and he said that he might have to sell something to offset the cost. I asked him what he was interested in selling and he said he had an EOTech sight that he bought new for his AR and he really didn't like it. I said "yeah I don't like that big circle either." Then he asked "what circle? mine doesn't have a circle." He went out to his truck and got it, still in the box and brought it for me to look at. I was an XPS2 with a single 1MOA dot and no circle. So of course I was interested, but assumed it would be out of my price range. I asked him what he wanted for it............................................

.$200..SOLD, SOLD, SOLD:rockwoot:

I believe that deserves a second :rockwoot:

Top Bottom