Lugar to run again (shocked-eyes rolling)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sen. Richard Lugar to seek re-election in 2012

…this guy will have to die of old age in office because he'd never consider giving up power.

Note that Lugar’s spokesman is the brother of the Brady Campaign’s President…..that’ll certainly explain the fact that Lugar is completely anti-2nd Amendment and will only vote pro-gun when the outcome is in-the-bag and he needs to save face.

Helmke states that Lugar has been a solid -R conservative. (riiiight; and I drive a Ferrari everyday)

Looks like both Helmke’s are adept at lying through their teeth.

Richard Mourdock would be an excellent candidate if he chooses to unseat Lugar.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Last week I received a form letter from DICK Lugar. It was the typical type where they explain what a conservative is, extremely exagerate the truth, and try to con you into thinking that he's the candidate that they've just described. Of course, there was a nice little tear-off portion at the bottom to make a donation to his campaign.

In addition to his form letter, they also enclosed a ballot petition in an attempt to gain enough signatures to get DICK Lugar's name on the ballot, yet once again. Thankfully, they included a self addressed and postage paid envelope with all of this information. After running through many various ideas for using the provided envelope, a cooler head prevailed, and I did the following:

I removed the king size Sharpie marker from my desk drawer, and wrote the word "VOID" on both sides of that ballot petition, and then mailed it back to him. I didn't write any letter, I didn't make any comments, and I didn't include anything else. First of all, I know that they wouldn't read anything that I may write, and furthermore, they wouldn't care what it said, especially without an accompanying donation. I thought my tactic was basic, to the point, and without any personal attack. I know it wasn't much, but I appreciated the opportunity to use a few cents out of his war chest to have my little voice heard, in an indirect manner!

And yes, I'll vote Libertarian (again), or even Democrat, before I'll vote for DICK Lugar.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Man how do these dinosaurs keep getting elected, I know... Please vote Libertarian

I'm registered Republican, and I DO vote in the primaries. Unfortunately, the 90+ patriot groups here in Indiana were too bullheaded to communicate amongst themselves, and refused to consolidate on one constitutional and conservative candidate to oppose Dan Coats.

If the same situation occurs, and there are six different candidates to split the vote against DICK Lugar, then you can bet I'll be voting for anyone other than DICK, come general election time. Likewise, I'd do so with full knowledge and responsibilty of what that may entail over the following six years. But by all means, you should keep voting for the John McCain's or Mitt Romney's that the establishment keeps promoting as your conservative candidate. Make sure that donation goes directly to the national headquarters as well.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Dick will get all those hardcore straight ticket Republicans as always. Also, that guy has a following of old woment that is insane.

True.
    But speaking of old women (and the older generation in general), most of them don't know about the double life with another man he led during his time as Mayor of Indianapolis. (Info that was passed on to me from a reliable source in his administration)

People of the older generation usually always react VERY negatively to Lugar when I tell them about this, and I know I've turned some votes.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Last week I received a form letter from DICK Lugar. It was the typical type where they explain what a conservative is, extremely exagerate the truth, and try to con you into thinking that he's the candidate that they've just described. Of course, there was a nice little tear-off portion at the bottom to make a donation to his campaign.

In addition to his form letter, they also enclosed a ballot petition in an attempt to gain enough signatures to get DICK Lugar's name on the ballot, yet once again. Thankfully, they included a self addressed and postage paid envelope with all of this information. After running through many various ideas for using the provided envelope, a cooler head prevailed, and I did the following:

I removed the king size Sharpie marker from my desk drawer, and wrote the word "VOID" on both sides of that ballot petition, and then mailed it back to him. I didn't write any letter, I didn't make any comments, and I didn't include anything else. First of all, I know that they wouldn't read anything that I may write, and furthermore, they wouldn't care what it said, especially without an accompanying donation. I thought my tactic was basic, to the point, and without any personal attack. I know it wasn't much, but I appreciated the opportunity to use a few cents out of his war chest to have my little voice heard, in an indirect manner!

And yes, I'll vote Libertarian (again), or even Democrat, before I'll vote for DICK Lugar.

Good stuff! I got the same letter and did something very similar. I just wrote on the ballot petition Time To Retire Dick.

Top Bottom