• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I already wrote to him and also attended a town hall type meeting and asked him about this. He definately has a FU attitude now that he does not need to worry about reelection. He has lost touch.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    "Taking things even further, the San Mateo Community College District, on the San Francisco Peninsula has distributed a mass email announcing a scholarship for illegal alien students of "Chicano/ Latino descent" only.

Posted by Fran Harris":xmad:

I wonder if the same was done for caucasians only if it would be discrimination.

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    I already wrote to him and also attended a town hall type meeting and asked him about this. He definately has a FU attitude now that he does not need to worry about reelection. He has lost touch.

:+1: Sad, but true. I've had the same experience with Lugar. He hasn't returned any of my calls, letters, or e-mails since I called him out on being the one to bring up a vote for a Congressional pay increase every year.

Why does he keep getting re-elected?

T J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Castleton
    Immigration reform must be made in our country. It is entirely too hard to enter into this country legally. It takes over a decade to move a family here with all the red tape involved. Would YOU really want to stay in Mexico that long with your family? I'd break the "law" to come over for a chance at a better life. We need to secure our borders, so the CRIMINALS don't come over, not the families trying to escape the corruption of Mexico. That being said, there shouldn't be any special privilege given to anyone based on their sex, race, religion, but we all know that's a farce.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Immigration reform must be made in our country. It is entirely too hard to enter into this country legally. It takes over a decade to move a family here with all the red tape involved. Would YOU really want to stay in Mexico that long with your family? I'd break the "law" to come over for a chance at a better life. We need to secure our borders, so the CRIMINALS don't come over, not the families trying to escape the corruption of Mexico. That being said, there shouldn't be any special privilege given to anyone based on their sex, race, religion, but we all know that's a farce.

Wrong TJ. It only takes a decade to move a family from Mexico to the US due to most Mexican's who become US citizens having to "pay" the 10 year punishment rule for coming into the US illegal at one point.

Anyone (read if you live anywhere in the world) wishing to become a US Citizen must first obtain a green card and wait either
    5 years Std.
    4 years for political refugees
    3 years if you married a US Citizen and are still married.

United States Citizenship - Frequently Asked Questions

Now to obtain a green card you have to get sponsored either by work or a family member already a US Citizen.

Visas for Permanent Residents

The US has some of the 'looses' rules on immigration compared to other industrial nations so long as the person first did not break the rules.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne

You are correct we need to secure the borders.

But we need to control, the mass numbers of immigrants, even families. We are in a lifeboat situation here. Our economy can not support the numbers coming in. An obvious example is the School, and Health care situation in CA.

T J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Castleton
    Wrong TJ. It only takes a decade to move a family from Mexico to the US due to most Mexican's who become US citizens having to "pay" the 10 year punishment rule for coming into the US illegal at one point.

Anyone (read if you live anywhere in the world) wishing to become a US Citizen must first obtain a green card and wait either
    5 years Std.
    4 years for political refugees
    3 years if you married a US Citizen and are still married.

United States Citizenship - Frequently Asked Questions

Now to obtain a green card you have to get sponsored either by work or a family member already a US Citizen.

Visas for Permanent Residents

The US has some of the 'looses' rules on immigration compared to other industrial nations so long as the person first did not break the rules.

First you need a green card? What If Jose doesn't have a family member living here yet? How can his employer sponsor him when he's in Mexico? He has to come over "illegally" and get a job to get a green card? That makes no sense. Even if Jose had family here and could be sponsored for a green card, what is the purpose of Jose and his family having to wait 3-5 or 10 years? I'm going to assume you are not for mandatory WAIT periods on purchasing firearms or ammo, but you are for citizenship? If Jose, can understand the constitution and pass a basic civics course, which most dems and republicans would probably fail, then why can't he become a citizen? Just because he wasn't born on this land?

If the foundation of OUR country is based under the belief of God, then how can you refuse entry and acceptance of another child of God? I am perplexed at the anti-immigration crowd and their motivation. Our country was founded on immigration as our ancestors came from across the pond. The early 1900's saw the mass influx of immigrants from European countries. Now that influx of immigrants is coming from south of the border. What is the difference between the two?

Even our most famous symbol of Liberty begs for the anti-immigration crowd to solidify the opposition to the influx and not hide behind, "it's the law".

"Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

T J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Castleton
    You are correct we need to secure the borders.

But we need to control, the mass numbers of immigrants, even families. We are in a lifeboat situation here. Our economy can not support the numbers coming in. An obvious example is the School, and Health care situation in CA.

Are we in a lifeboat situation? It seems to me that $70+ million dollars was spent by consumers to go see "The Fast and the Furious" this weekend. The economy is shaky and volatile, I agree, but there is still plenty of food in the stores and gas to move goods around. The apocalypse is not near.

Our economy can support anything that the community wants. CA's problems are not unique because of immigration. Their problems are magnified because of the liberal policies they have created and the focus put on the high profile state. Healthcare, education and welfare problems within a state, are the direct result of that community allowing it to happen. Does the state have the right to have such policies? Yes, if the citizens of that state allow it to happen.

I just don't see how immigrants working on a farm, construction, etc have an effect on the auto and banking industry bailouts/problems.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    First you need a green card? What If Jose doesn't have a family member living here yet? How can his employer sponsor him when he's in Mexico? He has to come over "illegally" and get a job to get a green card? That makes no sense. Even if Jose had family here and could be sponsored for a green card, what is the purpose of Jose and his family having to wait 3-5 or 10 years? I'm going to assume you are not for mandatory WAIT periods on purchasing firearms or ammo, but you are for citizenship? If Jose, can understand the constitution and pass a basic civics course, which most dems and republicans would probably fail, then why can't he become a citizen? Just because he wasn't born on this land?

If the foundation of OUR country is based under the belief of God, then how can you refuse entry and acceptance of another child of God? I am perplexed at the anti-immigration crowd and their motivation. Our country was founded on immigration as our ancestors came from across the pond. The early 1900's saw the mass influx of immigrants from European countries. Now that influx of immigrants is coming from south of the border. What is the difference between the two?

Even our most famous symbol of Liberty begs for the anti-immigration crowd to solidify the opposition to the influx and not hide behind, "it's the law".

If Mexico (or any country) is so untenable that someone feels he must leave, then perhaps they should rise against their government and change it. Surely there are enough people to accomplish the task, but do they have the will to do so? At this time, I would say no, they do not. I might say the same about America, however, the more correct answer would be "the time is not right" as well as that we still have other, preferable options-the soapbox, the mailbox, the ballot box...

This does not change the fact that whether the right is recognized by the Mexican gov't or not, the right still exists. Our Founders did it; perhaps the people of Mexico (or wherever) should consider their example. It worked (mostly) for almost 200 years for us.

Regardless, however, and this will sound very coldhearted, just because things are terrible there does not give them the right to violate OUR sovereignty and laws, enter OUR country, and/or subsist on monies extorted from the American people in the form of taxes. To say otherwise is to say that you will have no objection to any and all homeless people who wish to do so come to sleep, eat, and in short, live, in your house. They have no right to be there, they have not been invited, and they are running up your bills for electricity, heat, food, etc. while not (necessarily) contributing to the running of your household. Even if some do work and bring in money, it will not be enough to allow for ALL of them to come in and stay in perpetuity, having children and raising them to think of your house as their house, since after all, they were born there.

Note, again, that this is not solely directed at people of Mexican descent.

Blessings,
    Bill

T J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Castleton
    If Mexico (or any country) is so untenable that someone feels he must leave, then perhaps they should rise against their government and change it. Surely there are enough people to accomplish the task, but do they have the will to do so? At this time, I would say no, they do not. I might say the same about America, however, the more correct answer would be "the time is not right" as well as that we still have other, preferable options-the soapbox, the mailbox, the ballot box...

This does not change the fact that whether the right is recognized by the Mexican gov't or not, the right still exists. Our Founders did it; perhaps the people of Mexico (or wherever) should consider their example. It worked (mostly) for almost 200 years for us.

Unfortunately, when we did it, the playing field was level. It will be IMPROBABLE for any citizens of any country to rise up and take on a modern military. Even the sheer firepower and technology of the drug cartels are no match for ordinary civilian firepower. We are talking about a cultural revolution for any change to be made. We are talking about the foundations of good and evil. Freedom and sin.

Regardless, however, and this will sound very coldhearted, just because things are terrible there does not give them the right to violate OUR sovereignty and laws, enter OUR country, and/or subsist on monies extorted from the American people in the form of taxes. To say otherwise is to say that you will have no objection to any and all homeless people who wish to do so come to sleep, eat, and in short, live, in your house. They have no right to be there, they have not been invited, and they are running up your bills for electricity, heat, food, etc. while not (necessarily) contributing to the running of your household. Even if some do work and bring in money, it will not be enough to allow for ALL of them to come in and stay in perpetuity, having children and raising them to think of your house as their house, since after all, they were born there.

Note, again, that this is not solely directed at people of Mexican descent.

Are you a Christian, religious or spiritual in any way? Our country was founded on the belief of God. If others understand the foundation that makes our country, which is Liberty and Freedom, both are given from God, then why would you deny them access to the promised land? Are they violating God's laws by trying to provide a better life for their family?

Matthew 7:12
    Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Luke 6:31
    And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

There is a difference between a person that chooses to be homeless and a person that is homeless and in need of help.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    First you need a green card? What If Jose doesn't have a family member living here yet? How can his employer sponsor him when he's in Mexico? He has to come over "illegally" and get a job to get a green card? That makes no sense.

Employers sponsor immigrants all the time. I know IBM sponsors Asians for their technical jobs. If a company can show that their is no US citizen canidate that can fullfill the position they have they are allowed to sponsor a non US citizen and that person can get his/her green card.

This has been going on in the high tech fields since the 90s (chemical engineers, nuclear engineers, etc..) due to our lack of US engineers. So "juan" does not have to come over ILLEGAL to get a work sponsor.

The law was designed in this way to ensure that the US does not get "everyone" under the sun. This way only those who have something to give back to the country have a LEGAL opportunity to come via work sponosorships.

As for the Mexican people not being able to take on the government. BS!
    The Zapatistas in Sourthern Mexico fough the Mexican government and won several years back. They got the farmers legal rights over their land and lots of other stuff. Heck the Zapatistas still are active now in the SOUTH of mexico and the mexican government has continued to talk to them. These were nothing but farmers and peseant that were tired of the farming laws by the government and rose up and fought them on it.

So BS that the PEOPLE cannot take on thier government. If enough people believe and are willing to fight and die for their freedom NO GOVERMENT can survive that.

History has always shown that. The American revolution, The French Revolution, The Mexican revolution, etc, The Russians when they got rid of their King just like the Germans. Get enough PEOPLE pissed off and they will fight and overthrow their governmemt.

T J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Castleton
    Employers sponsor immigrants all the time. I know IBM sponsors Asians for their technical jobs. If a company can show that their is no US citizen canidate that can fullfill the position they have they are allowed to sponsor a non US citizen and that person can get his/her green card.

This has been going on in the high tech fields since the 90s (chemical engineers, nuclear engineers, etc..) due to our lack of US engineers. So "juan" does not have to come over ILLEGAL to get a work sponsor.

The law was designed in this way to ensure that the US does not get "everyone" under the sun. This way only those who have something to give back to the country have a LEGAL opportunity to come via work sponosorships.

It's great that you can give evidence of a big corporation, with the money and manpower, sponsoring a highly educated person for a highly technical job, but I haven't heard of too many people saying there are too many Indians and Asians crossing over our borders. What about the agriculture business? The small time farmer? The non-technical skills of the immigrant? Is there a reason that you ignore the other part of my post(s) in questioning the immorality of one's anti-immigration stance? I just don't think some people are honest with their motives and always hide behind "the law".

As for the Mexican people not being able to take on the government. BS!
    The Zapatistas in Sourthern Mexico fough the Mexican government and won several years back. They got the farmers legal rights over their land and lots of other stuff. Heck the Zapatistas still are active now in the SOUTH of mexico and the mexican government has continued to talk to them. These were nothing but farmers and peseant that were tired of the farming laws by the government and rose up and fought them on it.

So BS that the PEOPLE cannot take on thier government. If enough people believe and are willing to fight and die for their freedom NO GOVERMENT can survive that.

History has always shown that. The American revolution, The French Revolution, The Mexican revolution, etc, The Russians when they got rid of their King just like the Germans. Get enough PEOPLE pissed off and they will fight and overthrow their governmemt.

I don't think your example holds a lot of weight.

Zapatista Army of National Liberation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's great that you can give evidence of a big corporation, with the money and manpower, sponsoring a highly educated person for a highly technical job, but I haven't heard of too many people saying there are too many Indians and Asians crossing over our borders. What about the agriculture business? The small time farmer? The non-technical skills of the immigrant? Is there a reason that you ignore the other part of my post(s) in questioning the immorality of one's anti-immigration stance? I just don't think some people are honest with their motives and always hide behind "the law".

I don't think your example holds a lot of weight.

Zapatista Army of National Liberation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I did not answer the other part of your post because I went to dinner and am still writing it up in WORD as I have several points I would like to make on it.

There is no such thing as the small time farmer anymore. The majroty of them were run out of biz a while back. John Stasmos (??sp??) did a report on the small time farmer and showed that there are very few left.

Small companies can also offer sponsorship of foreigns as well. The program is desined for all biz. I only know first hand of IBM since I have a friend who came into the US from Egypt via a sponsorship from IBM.

I'm off to put the kids to bed but I'll try and write more later.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Also in some cases you do not need to be sponsored before you can apply/be granted a green card.

Green Card Types - Visa FAQ

"Generally, you need to have a job lined up before you apply, but if there is a workforce shortage in your skill set, you might be accepted without being sponsored by an employer."

And as for them having to enter illegally to look for a job. They can always apply for a non-immigrant visa. Then look for a employer to sponsor them.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :popcorn:

Someone has a lot of reading to do before they argue things they don't know about...

I should do the same. This is getting good. :D

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    Asians and Indians (following your stereotypical lead), tend to get employment based H1 visas, which can lead to green card sponsorship, because they bring something to the table. That something can be a technical skill, expertise, advanced degrees, that the US WANTS. While these groups of immigrants aren't perfect, and do have their share of illegals, the majority pay all county, state and fed taxes, enter the country in a legal manner, play by USCIS's endless red tape, pay upwards of $15,000 in legal and processing fees, learn ENGLISH, and understand, respect and ADOPT what Americans value as their norms and culture. LEGAL immigrants that play by the rules come from from all walks of life, education backgrounds, and even more impoversished countires, so you cant excuse illegal behavior because Mexicans have it hard. The illegal immigrants in this country have earned their reputations from what I have seen and experienced. For once, they should look in the mirror and stop expecting the US to accomodate all their demands.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Go to these towns that have been overrun and you'll see why the people are fed up with them. If it's so bad in Mexico, then why don't they overthrow the corrupt government? Besides, why should we treat Mexican immigrants any differently than Mexico treats it's immigrants? Ask any Mexican you know if he's from Oaxaca (pronounced wahaka) or Guatemala. Yes, believe it or not, Mexico has their fare share of elitists as well.

Top Bottom