• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    i have one and am active and indiana res as long as you are legally able to yes just apply online and next time you go on leave go to L1 i applied filled out all the paperwork and paid for it one week got it in the mail then next monday carried my last week.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    When you are off duty you need a LTCH like any other civilian to carry a handgun.
    So yes there is no reason why you cant get one if you are of legal age.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Are you living in Indiana still? If yes then yes. Otherwise if you had one its not valid until you move back or same with getting one, need to live here.
    This is information I picked up from this site from someone.
    I think if your home of record doesn't change you should still be able to hold a ltch but I'm not a lawmaker.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Are you living in Indiana still? If yes then yes. Otherwise if you had one its not valid until you move back or same with getting one, need to live here.
    I think if your home of record doesn't change you should still be able to hold a ltch but I'm not a lawmaker.

Someone mistated that to you.

A Servicemember that possesses an LTCH, and is an Indiana Resident, may continue to use the LTCH, as long the State he is Stationed in has Reciprocity with Indiana.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Just remember most installations you cant carry it if you live in the barracks...has to be stored in the armory. If you are in housing you are fine usually but still cant carry on post.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    A servicemember isn't treated the same as a normal civilian.

As long as a service member's permanent residence is in IN and he pays state income taxes in IN then he is considered an IN resident no matter where his duty-station is.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yes, as long as you maintain your residence in Indiana. Just because you are stationed in a state doesn't make you a resident. I kept an Indiana driver's license, license plates, and paid Indiana income taxes the entire time I was in the service. If you do the same, you are definitely still an Indiana resident and can get a LTCH same as if you still physically lived here.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Sorry guys was just going off what I had saw posted by someone on here.
    I didn't have my ltch when I was in the service, which I why I said I think it should be how it actually turns out to be.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Just remember most installations you cant carry it if you live in the barracks...has to be stored in the armory. If you are in housing you are fine usually but still cant carry on post.

Yes, as long as you maintain your residence in Indiana. Just because you are stationed in a state doesn't make you a resident. I kept an Indiana driver's license, license plates, and paid Indiana income taxes the entire time I was in the service. If you do the same, you are definitely still an Indiana resident and can get a LTCH same as if you still physically lived here.

THIS^^^. question answered.

I had the pleasure of living in the barracks, thus my LTCH was useless on base. Can one get away with hiding a gun in the barracks or on base? I've never seen it but would say probably...;). Just alot to risk if caught depending on your chain of command.

Top Bottom