• Status
    Not open for further replies.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Bump for imminent day in court. I've got my ducks in a row and have never been more confident of prevailing in court than I am right now. Legal combat ensues tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM.

I wish being right and being able to prove it were all that one needed to prevail. /cynic speaking

Let us know how it goes.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Good Luck Kathy.
    Rest up between now and then...straightening them out may take a lot of kicking :rolleyes:.

Keep us posted after the fact.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Will this torment never end!?!??!

A) I thought I was going to get a jury trial, especially since the judge at my arraignment said we had a right thereto, but this was just a bench trial.

B) I thought I was going to get an answer/verdict relatively immediately, but the judge will notify my attorney when she had reached a decision.

*falls over*

*dies*

On the plus side, the police admitted my main points: 1) I had a right to do what I was doing. 2) I had no legal obligation to accede to their wishes.

So great, what's gonna happen if I don't have a decision before the 20th when I go back to the ISP to deal with getting my LTCH back?

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Will this torment never end!?!??!

A) I thought I was going to get a jury trial, especially since the judge at my arraignment said we had a right thereto, but this was just a bench trial.

B) I thought I was going to get an answer/verdict relatively immediately, but the judge will notify my attorney when she had reached a decision.

*falls over*

*dies*

On the plus side, the police admitted my main points: 1) I had a right to do what I was doing. 2) I had no legal obligation to accede to their wishes.

So great, what's gonna happen if I don't have a decision before the 20th when I go back to the ISP to deal with getting my LTCH back?

You will have a decision in a couple days at the most. Perfectly normal for a bench trail.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    So why did you not get a jury trial? You must have had good reason to believe you would. Would not your attorney know whether it would be a bench or jury trial??

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    1. Good luck on the verdict
    2. I know, as previously stated, "the journey sucks"
    3. Now that court is over, is there a link to the back story? If so, I missed it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom