• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I just had this thought pop in my head. Over the course of a couple hours the light situation will be changing from day, night, day. Could make for some range fun if you aren't at work.
    Some terrible thoughts had popped into my head when my daughter told me about it the other day. Will low lifes try and get away with crap when it happens..

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Not really following the point. This happens once every how many years and only for a few minutes ??? I wouldn’t tie up range time during it when you could emulate it in an indoor range anytime

I’ll be at my house partaking of whatever it is.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Not really following the point. This happens once every how many years and only for a few minutes ??? I wouldn’t tie up range time during it when you could emulate it in an indoor range anytime

I’ll be at my house partaking of whatever it is.
    Ya, low light shoots all over, or make your own. This is an experience you won’t want to forget.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Actually, no. It doesn't work that way. During the 4ish minutes of totality, it's like sunset 360 deg. Other than totality, it's farily light. From 2017, I don't remember it being nearly dark enough to do what we think of as "low-light training" (even during totality) - which you'd be stupid to do during such a beautiful natural phenomenon anyway. Enjoy the elipse, if weather permits, you won't have another chance in the U.S. until 2045.

Top Bottom