• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indybbshop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    My name is Jared and I am the Indiana state coordinator for the Second Amendment March on the Washington Monument in Washington, D.C. on April 19th, 2010. I am looking for volunteers to schedule a meeting place - preferrably someplace where CCP-holding attendees can legally carry - between now and February to discuss the state and national march, and help raise the money necessary to hold the event.

Please call or e-mail if interested in scheduling the meeting place and inviting your friends! We are hoping for between 30 and 50 attendees for each meeting. The biggest need is for people in outlying areas of Indiana (Gary, South Bend, Mishawaka, Northeastern, Evansville, Terra Haute, Kokomo).

317-225-2452
    jpgollnitz@yahoo.com

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    You'll excuse my cynicism here, but how is it that the "Indiana state coordinator for the Second Amendment March" doesn't know Indiana does not have a "CCP"?

I will certainly apologize if you are legit, but you understand that this is the internet, and it's anonymity raises the problem of poseurs, given the issue and it's enemies.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Sorry for the rough greeting Jared. I think people would be interested, but your coming in and asking for help with your first and only post apparently is raising the early warning radar for some.

:welcome:

This is naturally a 2nd amendment-friendly group and we have many Tea party veterans on hand. Can you tell us some more about the group that is organizing this march? Do you have a web site? What type of work has this group done in the past?

Looking forward to more info...

:ingo:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OUTLYING AREAS OF INDIANA??????

Give me a break! Are you in the center of the universe?

JR50 be nice please it he guy/gal's first post. :D The phone number is an Indy number and "indy people" tend to think that indy is the "center" of the universe just like NWI tends to think that the rest of the state is rural and corn fields, etc...

In any case based on the info on the website posted by mrjarrell it looks like their will be "satelite" marches on April 19 when the DC march occurs and my guess is that the "indiana satelite march" will be at.... Indianapolis off course! (It's the center of indiana remember. ;))

Plus we (INGO members) already have done a march on Indy (aka SE did one) so we have some "experience" with that already on what we need to do, work on, etc..

@indybbshop, :welcome:to :ingo:! Sorry for some of the rude comments. A others have stated this is your first post and we tend to be very cynical of newcomers that quickly just post in the "hot channel of politics" as their first post. Are you the offical contact for that other website for IN? Are you from IN? What is your role in the event? Are you with that other website??? Gun owner I take it? What do you like to shoot?

I know time is running out 5 month before the event and you and that other group need to start ramping things up but talk to us and we'll open up.

Mike G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Greenwood
    Jared appears to be an IT Consultant from the Indianapolis area. The web site does not show a coordinator for Indiana yet, but it is possible the site has not been updated or he may have just came on board with them. Hence the enthusiasm to start spreading the word.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    This is why people are defensive and question post like this.

Just like the Militia guys they drop in make one post trying to recruit then never return to answer questions ad comments.

PR people!!!!

If it is important enough to you to post it, it should be important enough to come back, check on it and respond to questions and comments.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    This is why people are defensive and question post like this.

Just like the Militia guys they drop in make one post trying to recruit then never return to answer questions ad comments.

PR people!!!!

If it is important enough to you to post it, it should be important enough to come back, check on it and respond to questions and comments.

I agree, also...what is a CCP? Circle City Planners! :dunno: If he is legit and wants to promote and defend the 2AM, you'd think he'd use the correct abbreviations.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't know the guy, but I can only guess that he is loosely-involved with the march himself. He is doing his part by spreading the word to as many gun supporters as he could find. He likely registered for dozens of gun forums and laid out the invitation in each of them.

I wouldn't develop a bad taste over the Second Amendment March because one advocate left us an invitation and didn't log back in to each forum.

Anybody going to the Second Amendment March in 2010?
    Anybody brave enough to do a little community organizing?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok. I've been watching this thread since it started. I don't get it. The 2AM forums don't say anything about an Indiana Coordinator. I helped start this whole thing back when they were just getting ideas and thought that sending 2x4's to Washington were a great idea.

Unfortunately, as I predicted, the 2x4 campaign was an utter failure and the main reason I quit posting over there because no one wanted to get off their butt to DO something.

Now they are starting to do something, but the movement isn't gaining as much ground as it should. The Tea Parties and Healthcare has overshadowed the issue. I considered becoming the ISC for the 2AM, but after the bungled first attempt at a march here in Indy and Nationwide, I was too reluctant. After the Indy OC Walk went off without a hitch it gave me hope. Something I could rub in the Nay-Sayer's noses when they held them high.

However, if you are a legit rep from the 2AM, PM me or email me @ tha.daddy@yahoo.com

I would love to discuss what you are trying to accomplish and meet face to face. If this is legit I'd be more than happy to work with you to bring Indiana into the fold.

I've seen a LOT of activity from Ohio and Michigan, but if Indiana could be as active I think we would have a much better base to launch from. I also have seen that there will be some big name speakers at the event. Sounds like it will go over well, but with only a couple handfuls of states in on this, I fear the Tea Party movement, which I've also been active in, will overshadow the event. Maybe a co-op with them wouldn't be a bad idea?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, I did speak with Jared. This is very much legit. The website just doesn't have him updated on there yet. I spoke with him for a brief time and the reason he hasn't been back on was a setting error on notifications. I guess he figured no one cared since he didn't get any emails about the thread.

I did, however, find that news of our very own OC Walk did make news in a Gun Paper in IL. :D

I also learned that there will be planning taking place to have a march here in Indiana probably in March before the big convergence on Washington DC. Considering how well the OC walk went without using permits and the fact that it's cost was literally ZERO, this will be a big consideration. I do know the July 4th Tea Party, the renting of the spot we had at White River cost us about $10K. I seriously doubt we could fund such an event should we decide to take up street space, but you never know.

Regardless HOW it happens, the point is is that it's GOING to happen.

Jared will most likely be on tonight since I caught him at work. I'm sure our questions will be answered then.

You can find more info on the 2AM here...
    Come join the Second Amendment March, and help reclaim your birthrights as an American

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Before I closed down my printshop, I printed off nearly 10,000 of those flyers we used in the last OC event that we can use for any of these upcoming events.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I would say that would be a BIG help.

I had been planning a second OC walk for Indy in the next couple months, but this could work a little better with a bigger cause behind it. We'll just have to see what we can work out.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'm willing to help out any way that I can. I will make it a priority to get down to Indianapolis for the satelite march. I missed the last one because of work, but it shouldn't be a problem to get vacation time for this one. It's a strange feeling and a little ironic that when a "conservative" (I use that word loosely as I don't believe there has been a true conservative in the white house since Reagan) is in office it's seems every day we see protests for this or that when constitutional rights are not being violated.

But when a liberal is in office and they disregard our rights, trample on the constitution, try to destroy our liberty and then tell us we can not pursue happiness. We seem to sit quietly in the corner and think to ourselves this is crazy, why doesn't anyone stand up for our rights. We sit back in this corner or that corner and whisper to each other our displeasure and disdain, but seldom do we let our voices be heard. Okay there have been a few Tea Parties and 2nd ammendment marches here and there, but by my count there has been far to many. It's time we all stand up for what we believe in, make our voices heard and let the politicians know that we will not go quietly in the night and we will not let them rip away our constitutional rights.

Ok sorry I started rambling there, but I am a little worked up and angry at myself. Becasue I am guilty of doing to little, but at least I will not have to say I did to little to late. Because as of right now it's not to late, it's the right time.

Top Bottom