• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dinny

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2015
    Trafalgar
    I have 40 acres and a cabin in Da UP. The land is connected to thousands of timber company acres and I could wander it for days. I just wish owning land allowed me to buy resident hunting and fishing licenses and be in the drawing for bear tags.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have 40 acres and a cabin in Da UP. The land is connected to thousands of timber company acres and I could wander it for days. I just wish owning land allowed me to buy resident hunting and fishing licenses and be in the drawing for bear tags.
    I'm envious.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Nothing more than what I listed earlier. Finding a place where a guy can roam around and hunt or fish and have a camp fire at night is enough of a unicorn to find.
    In that case, here's an off the wall suggestion, North Padre Island, TX. It has more than 50 miles of barrier island to hike/drive and fish. Other options more centered on hunting can be found in the McKelvie National Forest in central Nebraska or the Oglala National Grasslands in the western part of the state. Sharptail grouse, rabbits, waterfowl and jackrabbits are plentiful and you can add an over the counter archery pronghorn or mule deer tag if you want to chase something bigger. Fishing is available but you'll have to plan specifically to be near large rivers or reservoirs.

Top Bottom