Looking for info on Romanian RPK without markings.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mcolson181

Marksman
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    SE Indiana
    I'm looking to buy a Romanian RPK that is a Century build of an individual. It had the CAI Georgia, VT marking but does not state if it is AES10-(A) or (B) or whatever. I'm relatively new to RPK's so I'm curious if this is not out of the norm for them. It does have the bi pod at the end of the barrel and not near the gas tube which I have read is better and maybe makes it a later model which I think is a plus. He said he doesn't know why it doesn't have the AES10 markings but several gun shops have stated "that's what it is".

Other than the fact it is Century I just want to make sure I'm not buying a known POS model. Any help would be appreciated.

Sheenerbean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I've owned a few RPKs, every Romainian I've had has been marked as such. That's not to say that it's not possible some were not marked as such. I believe the only type of RPK that Cugir imported was the AES 10 line. Either they imported the entire rifle (best) or just the parts kits and let CAI build them(not preferred).

I did own a Polish RPK that was not marked at all except for import regulations and was set up like you describe. Does yours have a scope mount attached on the left side of the reciever and the carry handle with it? All the Polish kit rifles I've seen do not have those features.

im no expert but I'll help if I can

Top Bottom