• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    Need to sight in a rifle tomorrow. So I'm looking for a 100yard outdoor range that's going to be open tomorrow. I'm on the west side of Indy and just don't want to make the long drive to Brazil to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Need to sight in a rifle tomorrow. So I'm looking for a 100yard outdoor range that's going to be open tomorrow. I'm on the west side of Indy and just don't want to make the long drive to Brazil to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    What kind of rifle?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Go to a 25 yard indoor range. Aim at the bullseye. Consider it close enough when your bullet punches a hole about 1.75" below the bullseye.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    AR15 Varmint rifle. And the 25yd trick would work if this thing shot anything like a "normal" .223 Rem round. Guess I'll take the drive to Pro-Teq, at least it's supposed to be really nice weather.
    Thansk everyone.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    AR15 Varmint rifle. And the 25yd trick would work if this thing shot anything like a "normal" .223 Rem round. Guess I'll take the drive to Pro-Teq, at least it's supposed to be really nice weather.
    Thansk everyone.
    Not busting your chops, but I'd like to know more about this "round".

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    223Ackley Improved, 40degree shoulder. Gives about 3425fps safely in a gas gun, not overgassed, soft, flat shooting Coyote Laser to 350yds or so.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    He may just be saying that he's running a hi-speed low-drag round like a light VMAX or BlitzKing. Might be nothing more than that, gentlemen.

Or, it might be that he's over-complicating the zero thing and that it would still come out really close to 5.56 Ball zeroing tables.

Or, it could even be that this gentlemen has a particular, more precise goal in mind for the zero on the rifle than a typical battle sight zero will accomplish.

Just a few thoughts.

-Nate

Edit: Whoops, sorry, OP, didn't see that most recent post. I guess you answered the questions of the gentlemen above just fine.

Top Bottom