Looking for a nice, easily concealed 9mm.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

Oh... btw... I own and carry a CZ Rami... but I don't recommend CZs anymore because I'm greedy. ;)

RAMI owners rule! I don't EDC mine though. I prefer my P-01 for EDC. I do wear my RAMI around the house and when I'm out for a walk with the dog its what I grab.

I have been thinking real hard about getting a Ruger SR-9c for a beat around/ work truck gun. I like them better than the full sized version and they seem to be pretty reliable and fairly sturdy for the money.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    RAMI owners rule! I don't EDC mine though. I prefer my P-01 for EDC. I do wear my RAMI around the house and when I'm out for a walk with the dog its what I grab.

I have been thinking real hard about getting a Ruger SR-9c for a beat around/ work truck gun. I like them better than the full sized version and they seem to be pretty reliable and fairly sturdy for the money.

Take a look at those Tristar (Canik 55) C-100s. They are very well made CZ clones that will save you about $100.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Sorry I messed up. OP you should ignore my reply as I have promptly been taken to the woodshed. :ugh:

Doesn't take long to be corrected around these parts. BTW, the SR9c is such a nice pistol that the OP might just reconsider this requirement.

ol' poke

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Couldn't agree more with Cobber and Birds Away.
    My EDC is a Makarov and about a month ago I got a C100. Mak is rock solid 100% reliable and the C100 has been flawless and I just love shooting it. When word gets around how good this(and Turkish guns in general)are you won't find them for 300 bucks anymore. View attachment 21517 View attachment 21518

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I couldn't be happier with the S&W Shield. Great gun. Great reliability (no malfunctions). Accurate. Only downside is capacity. But if you're ok with 7+1/8+1, then I highly recommend it. Glock 19 is also a great choice, though. I'd like to get a 19 or 17 myself to complement the Shield

DoctorThunder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Just some honest feedback - I have a Ruger LC9 and like the slim profile for carry. However, I hate the long trigger pull. I'd recommend the Sig 938 or the S&W Shield. Both have good reputations and feel solid in hand.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I suggest you research the Canik 55 c-100 imported by Tristar. It is essentially a CZ 75D/PCR with a safety instead of a decocker. You can find them online for a bit over $300. The reviews say they are every bit as good as a CZ at a bargain price. They accept CZ magazines and grips. You can buy upgrades for them through Cajun Gun Works. I am strongly considering one myself. These particular models have an alloy frame.

Take a look at those Tristar (Canik 55) C-100s. They are very well made CZ clones that will save you about $100.

I have heard great things about the Canik 55 pistols as well. Being a CZ nut I will definitely have to check one out.

I have a Canik55 Stingray-C which is the compact, all steel version. It is an astoundingly well made pistol for the $300-ish they cost. 14+1 capacity in 9mm, very accurate, adjustable rear sight, interchangeable magazines with the CZ compact, frankly a little better machined than the stock CZs, and fully chromed. There's a lot to like about these pistols. At the price, I picked mine up to go in a BOB, but I wouldn't be reluctant to carry it as an EDC.

It does have a hammer. It can be utilized either in DA/SA mode or carried cocked and locked, per manual.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Bersa's are always overlooked and it seems I'm the one always sending the reminder :) I've carried a dual-tone Bersa BP9cc in a Theis IWB for about a year now. I absolutely would not trade it for anything. It fits all of the typical wish list items. It's thin, lightweight, 8+1, full grip, awesome trigger and low priced. It conceals so easily even under the thinnest t-shirts. I've shot the Glock 26 and the Shield and wouldn't trade for one if they were free. The BP9cc is severely overlooked and under-rated.

I love my Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro. It fits nearly all the criteria OP is looking for. I've found it to be a great beginning carry gun due to the heavy trigger pull, Decocker, external safeties ect. It's not the thinnest gun out there. But pretty easy to conceal. You could probably find one for around $400

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    A lot of these people are suggesting Glocks and M&Ps and other "expensive" kinds of firearms, but the fact is that small guns aren't necessarily everyone's cup of tea. I carry a full-size Ruger SR9 with a total of 3 17 rd clips and 1 in the chamber. Some people shoot better with a larger sized gun and tbh mine conceals pretty well. There's a bit of a bulge, but I've got a bit of a front bulge that probably takes up most people's attention.

If you're set about wanting a smaller hand gun, go for a Ruger. They're a lot cheaper and if you don't like them, their resale value is nice OR it'll make for a great backup gun AND because it's much cheaper it won't break your bank.

Lastly the biggest reason why I love my Ruger above the Glocks (not that Glocks are bad by any means) are the fact that's it's 100% homegrown, job making, made in the USA. I think everyone should own at least one.

Top Bottom