Looking for a new OC/CC pistol, thoughts and info needed...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    So currently when I carry it's a Sig P6 with Marschall grips, and there's a definite lack of holsters available, even with the re-intro of the P225 (right now the only option I really like is StealthGear)... So I'm weighing other options...

Bersa Thunder 380 Combat, shot my dad and sister's Thunder 380s, love the size, steel frame and hammer, which I like...

Sig 2022... Not crazy about the shape and size, I have a thing about how a gun looks to me, proportions and all that.. But it's hammer fired, and the price is right...

Sig 250 or 320... Striker, polymer... not sure, but do like the interchangeable frame and barrel/slide options, could have a full size and compact... in different calibers if I wanted... But I'm not clear on the differences between the 250 and 320. The 320 has the Double-Strike feature? Is that it?
    Seems like the 320 has a better trigger, which I like. The DA pull on my P6 is horrible, and shot my buddy and his wife's LCP and LC9 and HATED their triggers...

At the moment I'm leaning to the 320 in 9mm, compact for CC, and maybe a .40 or .45 FS for OC and range time...

Solid choices? Anything I've left out? (Hate the feel of a Glock, just doesn't feel right to me, like how an M&P feels but they seem wide, which I'd like for OC/range time, hate the look of FN pistols...)

Love my Tanfoglio, might consider a CZ75 compact or Witness polymer... But I like the options of the Sigs unless there's a glaring downside I've missed...

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Re: 250 vs 320 the 250 is double action only hammer fired. The 320 is striker fired. So the 250 would have the double strike feature, not the 320. 320 will have a crisper trigger and shorter reset, due to not having to cock the hammer each shot.

In my opinion, the m&p width is comparable to a glock and is probably more narrow than a sig.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hard to beat a CZ variant. I've sipped the 320 koolaid a couple times, if I were after a plastic gun, that would be the one. Really have to try hard to miss with one, very nice pieces.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I recently bought a p250 compact 9mm to give as a gift, I ran a few hundred rounds through it before I gave it away. I have never owned or shot a double action only auto before. The trigger in the 250 seems long, but no different than a revolver.
    I really liked the trigger pull with this pistol, its smooth as butter and the pull is very reasonable at 5 1/2 lbs. I really liked the simplicity of this pistol.
    I am a hardcore Sig owner for better than 30 years, and I will say I ordered one for myself and most likely it will replace a 226 as my carry gun.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    If you like your current carry gun, why change? Why not look into a custom made holster? Slowhand on here makes custom kydex stuff. I have a couple of his holsters and they work just fine. There are also several others that make holsters on here. I'm sure you can find someone local to you to whip one up.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    If you like your current carry gun, why change? Why not look into a custom made holster? Slowhand on here makes custom kydex stuff. I have a couple of his holsters and they work just fine. There are also several others that make holsters on here. I'm sure you can find someone local to you to whip one up.

Well I'm not crazy about it, its the only one I have that fits the bill at the moment, my Witness Elite is too large and heavy (for comfortable CC for me), and so is my CZ97... I do like that the P6 is a decocker, no safety to mess with, but the DA pull is ridiculous... Was looking at polymer because of the weight savings, but still haven't totally made up my mind... And after looking at the caliber kits, swapping to a complete different setup is cheaper, but not as cheap as I thought...

Still gathering info and window shopping I guess, lol.

Apparently the P320 does have second strike... from PersonalDefenseWorld

"As a DAO design, it has second-strike capability, and with both front and rear serrations, the slide is very easy to manipulate with either hand as situations dictate."

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I recently bought a p250 compact 9mm to give as a gift, I ran a few hundred rounds through it before I gave it away. I have never owned or shot a double action only auto before. The trigger in the 250 seems long, but no different than a revolver.
    I really liked the trigger pull with this pistol, its smooth as butter and the pull is very reasonable at 5 1/2 lbs. I really liked the simplicity of this pistol.
    I am a hardcore Sig owner for better than 30 years, and I will say I ordered one for myself and most likely it will replace a 226 as my carry gun.

I will have a P250 Compact tomorrow in .22 LR (I special-ordered it; I'm not sure if anyone's carrying them in stock locally). Every P250 I've fondled has had a great trigger. Can't wait; cbhausen and I will do a review with his customary massive amount of images.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have been real pleased with my CZ P07 Duty. Shoots great, priced right, carries good, great capacity, with that being said, I was a little disappointed in the lack of holsters/accessories, after I bought the pistol.

Top Bottom