• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    Hi, I made a post in the handgun forum but I feel like this is more suitable in the gunsmithing forum.

I have a Russian IJ70 that has that adjustable rear sight which is horrible.

I’ve installed the aftermarket fixed sight and I’m still grouping 12” low and 8” to the right at 25 yards. I doubt it’s how I’m shooting the pistol as my groupings are within an inch and a half.

So now I’m looking for a Bulgarian makarov slide so I can swap my Russian slide out and I’ve looked from Anderson to Dayton Ohio and I can’t track one down.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    If you drift your rear sight .044 inches left and shorten the front sight .06 you should be close to centered without having to change slides.

EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    If you drift your rear sight .044 inches left and shorten the front sight .06 you should be close to centered without having to change slides.
    I might as well start filing the front sight as I intend to get rid of the slide eventually.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Hi, I made a post in the handgun forum but I feel like this is more suitable in the gunsmithing forum.

I have a Russian IJ70 that has that adjustable rear sight which is horrible.

I’ve installed the aftermarket fixed sight and I’m still grouping 12” low and 8” to the right at 25 yards. I doubt it’s how I’m shooting the pistol as my groupings are within an inch and a half.

So now I’m looking for a Bulgarian makarov slide so I can swap my Russian slide out and I’ve looked from Anderson to Dayton Ohio and I can’t track one down.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    Someone with a mill that has a DRO could do this pretty quickly, easily, and cheaper than purchasing a new slide...just my couple of copper coins.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    (Apply accents as you see fit)

In America we drive on the right side of the road.

In Britain we drive on the left side of the road.

In mother Russia road is road!

Top Bottom