• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAMullis

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Looks like a good starter bag for the price. What I liked about the 5.11 Tactical(R) was the pockets for mags. I'll probably take a look at Gander Mountain though to see what they have. Thanks for the idea.

CAMullis

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Thanks for the reply. The description looks similar and it says it has magazine pouches. That is the biggest thing I am looking at right now. Too bad there's no pic of the bag opened.

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Thanks for the reply. The description looks similar and it says it has magazine pouches. That is the biggest thing I am looking at right now. Too bad there's no pic of the bag opened.
    Closest I could get with about 10 seconds on google.
    Xavier Thoughts: The MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag
    Midway’s Competition Range Bags – A Must For Every Shooter
    Picture request: Springfield XD Range Bag - XDTalk Forums - Your HS2000/SA-XD Information Source!
    Midway_Compact_Range_Bag.MOV videos from outdoors videos on webshots

Some of those are for the new "Compact" range bag, but the features seem to be the same.

CAMullis

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    lol. could have thought to do that myself. Anyway, it does look very similar and much easier on the wallet. I think I'm gonna put this one at the top of the list now. Thanks again cougar.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    lol. could have thought to do that myself. Anyway, it does look very similar and much easier on the wallet. I think I'm gonna put this one at the top of the list now. Thanks again cougar.

WITHOUT QUESTION, go with the Midway bag. For the price, it is impossible to beat it. Here's some pictures of mine that I posted a while for some other people to check out.

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

This last picture is of a little mini range bag that comes with it.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Umm.... I've had it for about 2 years now. I constantly load it up with a million pounds of lead for normal range visits and for major matches. I haven't noticed any wear on it yet. In all honesty, my biggest issue with it is that I sometimes have a tendency to put TOO MUCH in it and then it hurts my bag carrying it all day during a big match.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    slow,

any links you can send my way on Dillon for pics and specs? Which specific one do you recommend?

Dillon Precision: Reloaders, Reloading Equipment, Bullet Reloading, Bullet Reloaders

I've got over 9 years on my bag and the only thing wrong with it is that it is dirty. Just like the rest of Dillon's gear - it's bullet proof.

The one thing I do not like about large range bags is that I, and I think most people, tend to overload them. If there is empty space, people seem compelled to fill it. The Dillon bag really is just big enough to carry what you need.

To me, the real test of a range bag is if it can help you manage your gear for a 3-gun match. My Dillon bag will hold two 100 rd 40 S&@ ammo boxes, three 25 rd boxes of bird shot, 3-4 boxes of slugs, five 20 rd boxes of AR ammo, plus the pistol and four mags, four 30 rd rifle mags, ear protection, lubes and tools.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I can vouch for the midway bags as well.... probably the best rang back i have ever used.... i have two... my dad has one and my shooting buddy has one.... have NEVER heard even one complaint

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Mullis here are a couple links that have basically the same recommendations.

I have the Midway bag and LOVE IT. Definitely can't be beat for $40.

In one of those links another member compares the Midway bag to the 5.11. He basically surmises that the 5.11 is the exact same thing with some nicer looking hardware.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_ammunition/5416-new_range_bag.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_ammunition/7044-low_cost_range_bag.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_ammunition/7044-low_cost_range_bag.html[/quote]

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Just read these posts and see how many of us are raving about the midway bag? no log onto midway and read the reviews on there.... i dont think i have heard hardly a bad word about that bag.

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    The one thing I do not like about large range bags is that I, and I think most people, tend to overload them. If there is empty space, people seem compelled to fill it. The Dillon bag really is just big enough to carry what you need.
    This has been one thing that's kept me from getting a bigger range bag. For matches, I've been pondering building/modifying a war-wagon of sorts. Even lugging my small bag, required accouterments, and a cooler at the summer matches down here can be a PITA.

Top Bottom