• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    Wife should be getting her LTCH any day now. Trying to find a cc gun for her. She likes shooting our XD9sc but to big for her to easily concel. She is quite small. She tried out our LC9 this weekend and didn't like it at all. Any ideas or suggestions ?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    What didn't she like about it?

I mean, if she didn't like the feel or design or something, that can be worked around. If it's too small and kicks too hard for the size, that's going to be much harder to fix..

How small is she? Limatunes (check youtube) is pretty small in my mind and she carries some pretty decently sized firearms concealed..

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    First, one trip to the range does not always provide a good feel for a gun. She may need to work on proper grip. Do that by practicing dry fire.

Second, do a search here. This is discussed every other day around here.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    How about a CZ 75 C or CZ 75 D. Both are modestly compact, but larger than the LC9 so they are easier to control. The "C" has a steel frame to help absorb a bit more recoil, it can be carried 'cocked and locked' while the "D" has a decocking feature and an alloy frame. My daughter easily manages either model.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven

I mean, if she didn't like the feel or design or something, that can be worked around. If it's too small and kicks too hard for the size, that's going to be much harder to fix..

How small is she? Limatunes (check youtube) is pretty small in my mind and she carries some pretty decently sized firearms concealed..

She is 5'2" about 105lbs. She said she just didn't like the feel of the LC9 at all. She shot it pretty well, but just didn't like it.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    The feel as in just holding it, or the feel as in the shooting part of it?

Many of these other options would fix the holding part, but if the shooting isn't enjoyable, you're likely going to see the same complaint. This, of course, is from you mentioning that she's looking for a "cc" handgun and if she's that small, something that is concealable in what most ladies would be wearing is going to be difficult to find, especially if recoil is a part of the concern..

LD25Delta9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    My wife loves the feel of our SW40VE but she complains of the felt recoil. She has a smaller hand and just feels like she has to hold onto it "harder". I would imagine that a 9VE would do her more kindly. This is just insight as to what my wife likes, as I understand the Sigma's stigma and not everyone likes the feel of them.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

Exactly.
    What didn't she like about it? That it went "BANG" real loud and smacked her hand a bit?
    She may be needing a .380. I don't advocate .380s but maybe getting her feet wet with a bersa would be a good thing. The 'guy behind the glass counter' at a LGS said the girls like them guns.

BTBguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jackson County
    Walther PK380

Something to consider is a Walther PK380. We sell a lot of them at our shop. They are fair priced, reliable, slide is easy to rack, and the kick is not to bad.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You can look at the existing 3000 threads. But most of them say, have her try different weapons.
    See if there is a INGO Meet & Shoot in your area. Or, meet up with some INGO members in your area. There's usually members that are more than happy to show their guns off.
    Realize, smaller gun may not be better.
    Guns are kinda personal. You may like it at the store, and hate it when you shoot it.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    The Smith M&P 9 in either the 4.25 or 3.5 barrel configuration is quite a bit lighter and the grip is smaller than the XD9. It is not too small to still be a gun you can take to the range and enjoy shooting. I am not a big fan of pocket pistols as most don't enjoy shooting them enough to get as familiar as they should be with them.

Top Bottom