• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Another fan of the Colt Mustang here. I have owned mine since the late 80`s.
    What a nice gun. Not sure how they compare to the new models ?
    It tucks away very nice. It`s my shopping gun. I wear it no matter what store I go into . Feel very comfortable with it stuffed with Silver Tips.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    For what its worth, I recently had the oppurtunity to fire a friends Walther PPK imported by Interarms.
    I put 6 magazines of old assorted rounds through it with only one failure to feed. I blame that on the round as it was old and not in the best shape (read only a range round).
    From a distance of 15 yards, I was able to put all rounds inside the 9 ring on a B-27 target. I didn't spend seconds between shots like a good target shooter but closer to the time of what I would spend (faster) for aimed fire in a defense situation.
    Anyway for what its worth, I will be purchasing a PPK or PPK/s soon.

Stay safe

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    For what its worth, I recently had the oppurtunity to fire a friends Walther PPK imported by Interarms.

Keep in mind that the older PPK's and PPK/S's that were produced under license for Interarms had far fewer functional problems than the newer ones made by Smith & Wesson. The new ones had a series of recalls for safety issues (firing when the safety was used to drop the hammer). It's possible that S&W has gotten the bugs out by now, but I'd pay extra to get an older Interarms model if it was me. :twocents:

cluznar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    looking for a .380

I carry a bersa Thunder .380 and trust it completely. It has been very reliable for me with over 900 flawless rounds. Check out some Bersa videos on the net. Easy to conceal, I use an IWB holster, have several but mostly use my DeSantis Sof-Tuck.

For the inexpensive price they are a great buy, in ammo videos many people use them to do tests on ammo penetration etc.

I trust a well placed .380 round will stop someone. Placement is always the factor.

Saw a video where a guy says he was out in a field working on a tractor and he was walking when a Wild Boar charged him, all he had was his .380 so he fired and shot and the Boar went down with one shot.
    SHOT PLACEMENT is what it's about.

A woman once killed a Grizzly that was stalking her with one round from a .22 rifle, the round went in the eye into the brain.

:ar15:

Last edited:

Gulfstreamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Evansville,IN
    I as well would also recommend the LCP. Get a good quality holster for it and you're set. With its small frame and light weight features, it makes for a very concealable firearm while running.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    100   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Its not a. 380 and not the smallest but the Kel Tec PMR30 holds 30(three zero) .22 mag
    nums and weighs shy over a pound fully loaded! This is by far the lightest and most if attacked by a posse of squirrels the high capacity of the pmr30 would be benefinicial. interesting gun I have had the honor of shooting. Pair this with the awesome Hornady 45 grain Critical Defense HP rounds, thirty of them no less, and just over a pound! Now if only I could find one for sale somewhere, everyplace seems to always sold out. If i was jogging or running I would want something like this.

Not dismissing the p3at, just never shot one let alone held one. If attacked by a posse of squirrels while jogging the pmr30's high capacity would be beneficial.
    Are they relaible? I mean 30 rounds is very potent firepower in a handgun but not gonna be worth anything if the gun doesnt work. I'm not sure if I like the idea of the duel designs of blowback and recoil operation of the gun.

tmf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I carry a LCP as my BUG and when I run. I run marathons and triathlons and always have my LCP on my person. Is nice to slide into a front pocket in the summer months or to strap on the ankle for a long drive.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Bersa

Simply stated, the Bersa CC would do the trick. I will agree it is not the
    smallest or lightest, but they are reliable, reliable, reliable.
    Very resonable in price also. Did I mention reliable?

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    I wish my PPK/S was as reliable as my Bersas. I have a stainless PPK/S that just does not work well. I've tried everything I know to try and it still runs like crap after well over 500 rounds. I thought it was good for a while, but it does not hold a candle to my Bersas. You would think that for almost twice the money, Walther would be able to produce a decent gun. There is a reason that the Bersa comes with a lifetime warranty and the Walther only a year.

Sorry for the rant, but my PPK is a gun a really want to love but it fights me.

It happens. I know people swear by the Bersa; I had one that gave me fits - I couldn't get more than three rounds through it without a stovepipe FTF.
    Ended up selling it for a hundred less than I paid for it. A good friend has a WW2 vintage PPK in .380 - same problem, although since his dad brought it home he wouldn't part with it for anything. Sometimes you get one that just doesn't run - nobody's production QC is perfect.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Although it wasn't on my list to acquire, I had a S&W Bodyguard .380 fall into my lap and I have been very pleased with it. The sights are actually very good (which seems a rarity on a pocket gun), it's easy and pleasant to shoot, it's quite lightweight (although maybe not the lightest of what's available), and it comes with a well integrated laser (if you're into that sort of thing). Worth a look - I think the prices have come down substantially on them, too.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    There's nicer, better, heavier pistols available, but all you need is a P3-AT. Simple...Light...Dependable....Cheap....You don't need more.

Top Bottom