• ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    .460... .500 S&W...both are nice!
    I prefer .454 Casull...mainly because I can shoot .45 Colt +P as well and it's a nice a nice all around and 'in-between' round for hiking and camping!
    To each their own...

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I have a 629 with a 4" barrel. It's fun to shoot. Factory ammo is a hoot. I load 240 gr XTPs a little softer than factory for hunting and carry. I also load some plated a lot softer so we can have fun plinking.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    They are neat. I owned or shot them all except the 500. I liked Rugers. I got it all out of my system. Came to the conclusion that anything over 357 mag is a waste. Just recoil and noise. Sold them off and settled on a G19 for pistol work. My hearing has paid the price for them magnums.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It's a sickness all its own. I bought the beautiful scoped 629 Osobuco had on here some time back. I really like the 8 inch barrels better because of my little girl hands, but that is one beautiful revolver. In the past I had an 8 inch raging bull, but sold it to a member. I really do regret selling that one. Good shooting. 44, and I wasn't terrified of scratching it.

Years ago someone smacked into my parked car sitting in front of my house.
    Insurance paid me for the car and totaled it. I purchased the car back from the insurance company and continued to drive it (now beat all to hell) for another 3 years before selling it.
    In the interim, I took the payment from the insurance company and paid off my outstanding bills at the time.
    I took what was left after paying bills and went shopping for another pistol.
    It took all of about 3 seconds to make up my mind after I saw the Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Casull.
    Matte stainless with an 8-3/8" ported barrel...at the time, it was "the most powerful handgun being mass produced".

I will never part with that gun.
    It is just too much of a hoot to shoot, and the head-turning affect is priceless.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Another vote for .44 mag. The larger calibers are cool, but having shot some really hot .44 loads, I honestly can’t fathom wanting (needing?) something more powerful.

And another vote for a redhawk. I love my Smiths, but the Ruger is overbuilt, and I don’t feel bad about dragging it through the mud when I wear it hunting.

Either way, post up some pics when you decide on one!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Another vote for .44 mag. The larger calibers are cool, but having shot some really hot .44 loads, I honestly can’t fathom wanting (needing?) something more powerful.

And another vote for a redhawk. I love my Smiths, but the Ruger is overbuilt, and I don’t feel bad about dragging it through the mud when I wear it hunting.

Either way, post up some pics when you decide on one!

You make a good point about the Redhawk. If I traded my Redhawk in for a nice Model 29, I don’t think that I’d have a much different shooting experience, yet I’d stress over scratches much more than I do now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah walking in there is an adventure. They really do have a heck of a selection. They do work well with prices also

heard that. Never ventured in. And probably with good reason.
    A good friend has bought into Badger Creek. He takes pretty good car of me. I buy all of my HVAC equipment from him as well.

Top Bottom