• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chefjerome

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It is with a very heavy heart that I report to INGO the loss of a wonderful gunsmith and a beloved member of my wife and I's family. He suffered a sudden heart attack yesterday afternoon and did not suffer. I know there are are many of you on INGO who have had your guns worked on by him over the years. He was my wifes grandfather and the person who responsible for turning me onto the great world of guns. I used to love sitting in his shop over the last few years listening to him talk about the past and watching him as he worked guns. For those of you who are interested, I will post the information about the arrangements in the next day or so. Pappaw- as he was affectionately refered to by most of us in the family will be greatly missed. Please keep his wife Rita in your thoughts and prayers as she has lost her husband of 63 years.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. The best thing that can be done at times like this is to get with those that he loved and celebrate his life. Laugh and tell stories to each other about different things you remember. Then, keep telling the stories to each other over the years and he will not seem that distant as time goes on.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sorry to hear about you family's loss. I first met Mr. Perkins in 1989 When I was 11 years old. My dad had bought me my first shotgun and took it to him to get a recoil pad, middle sight bead and sling stud installed in the stock. He made sure that gun fit me well, it's still my favorite gun.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have spent many hours in Georges' workshop just talking about guns and many other things he has experienced. It seems all of the big names in firearms parts weren't just brand names to George. Douglas, Shilen, Buehler and so many others were people he had done business with face to face. I feel lucky to have been allowed to have work done by George. My prayers are with the family.

Top Bottom