• ...and so much more!
  • Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    He's basically advocating for someone else to be forcibly de-platformed. For living their life their own way, and having a different opinion.

I guess it turns out those "open minded hippies" weren't so open-minded. Their version of Coexisting involves a lot more suppression of views than you'd have imagined.

See? Even Alpo isn't defending him...
    He's and old man. Probably yells YOU KIDS GET OUTA MY YARD too. Lol

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Let's be fair. Harvest moon was pretty good. And Old man. And a few others. But is he still relevant? Not so much.

I listen to a pretty significant amount of old/no longer relevant music. I have more Faron Young than Neil Young. (Off to Google many of you go. I suggest 'your time's comin''.

Old Man is the only one I've got in a playlist.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have 11 songs on spotify, but I’ve never actually logged on to listen to anything, I prefer Amazon music for when I want to be a listener. Spotify has a really nice artist account, probably the best of any of the streaming services. And I won’t be pulling any of my stuff from there, I need the .0000000623988th of a cent they pay per stream for my retirement.
    I don't really care all that much for spotify. The sound quality of streaming isn't allways that grand anyway, but on spotfy's free service it's not very good. My son insists that his paid service is much better. But he also thinks his airpods are great.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don't really care all that much for spotify. The sound quality of streaming isn't allways that grand anyway, but on spotfy's free service it's not very good. My son insists that his paid service is much better. But he also thinks his airpods are great.
    I’ve never tried to use spotify. I really like Amazon music. I usually just hit one of suggested playlists and forget it.

Last fall when we drove to Florida, we listened to the same playlist all the way from home to Daytona, and never heard the same song twice and never heard a predatory used car salesman commercial!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm gonna say it.
    I never understood the love for Neil Young.
    He was a good guitar player with a unique style and an excellent command of unusual keys and passing tones therein. He influenced a lot of other guitar players as well

But like Bob Dylan, his music is better when he doesn't do the vocals

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    He was a good guitar player with a unique style and an excellent command of unusual keys and passing tones therein. He influenced a lot of other guitar players as well

But like Bob Dylan, his music is better when he doesn't do the vocals
    Willis whatchu talkin' bout?

Half a step out of tune with the band = "unusual keys?"

Mistakes = "passing tones?"

He makes Curt Cobain look like John McLaughlin.

Willis.jpg

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    My how things have changed since Cortez the Killer.

I like and respect the younger Young more than I do the current Young. I hope he finds his way.
    Cortez the Killer? You realize Neil Young was already full-speed on the Evil White Man kick before most INGOers were born, and was "woke" 40 years before woke was even a word, right? What do you think has changed? More importantly, what is the track record of idiots his age "finding their way?"

Neil Young is still on Spotify. I wonder how many useful idiots think he’s not. I get the sense that the media is making a lot more of musicians leaving the platform than there is, to try to pressure Spotify to break its contract with Rogan.

Spotify is in a bad position now. Damned if they remove Rogan and damned if they don’t. If they continue with Joe Rogan there’s the risk of actual popular musicians leaving, I mean for real, not just hasbeens fake leaving. But. It’s driven stock prices down. Contrast that with removing Rogan and the ****-storm lawsuit for breach of contract that would ensue.

No real artists of import have actually left. The stock has rebounded of late and Spotify will probably be okay unless some really big artist does actually leave the platform.

So it looks to me like the media are trying to portray that Spotify stands more to lose from many artists pulling their music than from the lawsuit that would surely come, and the bazillions of people leaving Spotify and forgetting it exists. I didn’t even know there was a Spotify, much less what it even was, until they announced the deal with Rogan. So to me it seems more like a ruse to apply fake pressure.
    You hit the nail on the head. Now technically, I can't actually play a N/Y song on Spotify right now. I can still play India Arie, but something's definitely going on with Neil Young, because when I search it, I still get a playlist. But when I click on it I actually get some lame 70s classic rock stream that doesn't contain any Neil Young. It appears they honored his request, probably because it costs them no revenue, and the owner of the rights granted the exception.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The original Cortez the Killer is in a tuning called double drop D, and the progression therein is Em7, D and Am7>A7sus4

Not your usual 'power chords'
    I never played it in that tuning. I just used those chords. Now I'm curious to see how it would sound if I had used that tuning! :): "It's Been Awhile" by Staind uses that same tuning and I do use it for that song.

Top Bottom