• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Pretend it is Chuck Schumer or Sarah Brady telling you to lock up your guns.

What would INGO's reaction be?:laugh:

There would be lots of lapel pulling, spittle on monkey butts and running around the conference room table but especially lots of citations to Heller.:D

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Watched the first 90 seconds or so and got bored.

If you have someone with mental illness and a history of violence living in your house is locking them up really the answer? Seems like we recently had something in the news about where that failed...hmmm, yeah, seem to recall something about that.

I know everyone has different experiences, but I never saw a gun safe when I was a kid. Yeah, we were hilljacks on a farm, but we had 3 shotguns in a rack bolted on the wall for easy access to anyone who could grab one. Why? Fox, coyote, hawk, or wild dog in the chickens, mainly. I was out squirrel hunting by myself when I was 10 or so. If I wanted to go I didn't bother anyone, I just got the gun down and went. By the time I was 12 I had a Marlin 60 in a soft case under my bed. If I wanted to shoot, I just did.

There was a pistol by my grandparent's bed. I knew not to touch it without asking first. It was never locked up, just in a leather holster with a snap.

I do have a safe now, which I got more out of concern for fire than theft. I heated with a wood stove and kerosene heaters and being about 30 minutes out from the nearest fire dept, which was volunteers, if the old place caught they wouldn't be able to save the foundation.

So, my response is...mind your own f'in business.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    Does this mean I need to lock up my oven/stove, steak knives, car keys, baseball bats, golf clubs...blah blah blah these could all be dangerous. Having said that it doesnt matter to me at all just make sure if you leave them unlocked you know where they are and who is in your house and take the necessary precautions

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    GT has it right ^^
    Imagine all the firearms criminals can buy off the street with the money the thief gets for stealing your jewelry ^^

bob_dolemite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    "Lock your stuff up" messages strike me as decidedly anti. I will make my own decisions about what is appropriate for my household. I would never dream of telling someone what is appropriate for theirs.

danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    I agree with him as well and would consider extending that to one's vehicle. If someone breaks in your home when not home-- and your firearms are out in the open or otherwise unsecured-- you just help that 2 bit piece of trash that broke in get something he can use the next time or sell to another piece of dirt who likely can't get one on his own due to his record. The guys that do this for a living call that something--- oh, now I recall-- JACKPOT.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Here's an idea, since the current government is big on handouts, why can't they write us all a check for a fire proof gun safe? $2k per person should cover it!

Only way I'd ever be able to afford one remotely large enough to get half of them in.

As it stands now, door locks are about my only affordable option, but hey... There's pretty much always someone home and armed since we all work different hours.

I'd have no objections to a gun safe at all, but it's going to be a few months before I can free up enough credit to pull that one off.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    I hate to say it this way, but this guy is dead on.

We all wouldn't even have to be worrying about potentially losing our rights of gun ownership and jacked up prices and hellacious availability if it weren't for that knuckleheaded women in CT leaving her firearms accessible to her *known* highly-mentally unstable kid. And they were living in a million and a half dollar home and she didn't work because of her divorce settlement. Yeah, she had plenty of money for a top end safe that her kid NEVER could have gotten into.

Dang. Absolutely no excuse.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I hate to say it this way, but this guy is dead on.

We all wouldn't even have to be worrying about potentially losing our rights of gun ownership and jacked up prices and hellacious availability if it weren't for that knuckleheaded women in CT leaving her firearms accessible to her *known* highly-mentally unstable kid. And they were living in a million and a half dollar home and she didn't work because of her divorce settlement. Yeah, she had plenty of money for a top end safe that her kid NEVER could have gotten into.

Dang. Absolutely no excuse.

He killed her in her sleep, he would have all day to get into the safe. If you are a man look in your garage. At least in mine a "top end safe" wouldn't stand a chance.

A bunch of you think a safe is some magical thing that someone will never get into. A safe is something that stops things from walking off while you are in the house that's about it. You people beating this drum cant tell me you have all your firearms locked up all the time unless they are in your hand.

Look at the guys safe in the video el cheapo safes. Look on youtube for people opening safes like a spam can with a can opener. Granted each manufacture claims theirs won't do that but they will gladly open everyone elses for you in minutes.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Yep, them kids gotta have guns cuz ya nevah know when some fool gonna kick in yer door. If them guns ain't out fer evry1, you an yer famly r toast. Ya gotta train them yunguns bout them guns so they can kill them home invaders.

Here's how to train children, and I quote from another "firearms instructor" on INGO:

"Respect for the power of a firearm/bullet can be easily taught to children by simply taking a few unopened short soda-pop cans to the range. On your way to the berm/backstop, shake the cans real well, then set ‘em up. When even a lowly .22 LR bullet penetrates that can, the pressure released will destroy the can. It really makes an impression."

Yep, that'll do it. Now them kids is edgy-me-cated!

Come on, folks, keep the guns and ammunition inaccessible to unauthorized persons. Basic gun safety is not a constitutional infringement.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I could not watch the video for some reason. But I do not lock my guns up. All of my kids are adults and they know firearms. When my grandkids are over they cannot gain access to any loaded weapons period. Guns do not have to be locked up. If anyone breaks in and steals them then thats on them. A safe does not make it impossible for someone to steal your guns. It slows them down and makes the job of stealing them harder.

I disagree with the title of locking up your guns you are part of the problem. That sounds like some anti gunner bs to me. How I store my weapons is my business and no one elses.

***** finally was able to watch some of the video. I did not watch it all primarily because I didnt like the tone. He says " if you live alone I dont care if you leave your ar15 out loaded on the table". Naw to hell with the guy. He would make a great spokesman for handgun control inc or something.

Last edited:

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I like his vid, the sad part is, he had to make one. You would think responsable ADULTS would know to secure their weapons anyway. Bzzzzzzt. Wrong answer.

I've even suggested that when you fill out a 4473, you also have to sign a declaration that you have read and understand the firearms safety rules. I also think the same should apply to anyone purchasing a cell phone. You should be presented with the Cell Phone Etiquette rules.

I know, this should be common sense, but that was our generation, it's mostly been forgotten now.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I've even suggested that when you fill out a 4473, you also have to sign a declaration that you have read and understand the firearms safety rules.

Bzzzzzzzt....wrong answer!

The last thing--and I mean the last thing--we need is more Bloomberg Nanny fecal matter from him or the feds. Not only do we not need such nonsense as suggested by BudS, I question the need for a BATFE 4473.

Please, tell me, what other right enumerated in the first ten Amendments to the United States Constitution requires govermental intervention and-or discretionary permit to exercise?
    Speech?
    Religion?
    Voting?
    Self incrimination?

Please, tell me. Which others?

Top Bottom