• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Anyone know where I can find something like this in the Indy area? I've looked at a couple of the big box stores but nothing so far.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anyone know where I can find something like this in the Indy area? I've looked at a couple of the big box stores but nothing so far.

Not joking when I ask, Do you have any morman friends? If so, ask about food storage and their warehouse in Indy. They will know what you are talking about.

Otherwise, I use an out of state shipper. Be sure to use food grade, plastic alone is not as good.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I know White Castle used to either sell or give away their pickle buckets. Only downside is that you're stuff will smell like pickles.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I know White Castle used to either sell or give away their pickle buckets. Only downside is that you're stuff will smell like pickles.

No more, White Castle pickles are now in boxes with plastic liners. Buckets are getting tougher to come by for free or low cost. Deli's and bakeries are the last bastion ;)

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You ever think to try restaurant supply stores? I know they have white NSF storage containers in the 5 gal range with sealing lids.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I just got 7 pickle buckets with lids from the restaurant near my house. They said they have about a half dozen new ones each week.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Try a bakery. Marsh uses these types of buckets. My wife's aunt is head baker at one up in Muncie, so I can get all the buckets I need. Just make sure to clean out the buttercream. ;)

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Not joking when I ask, Do you have any morman friends? If so, ask about food storage and their warehouse in Indy. They will know what you are talking about.

Otherwise, I use an out of state shipper. Be sure to use food grade, plastic alone is not as good.

No 5 gal. plastic buckets. My wife ordered hers from somwhere... I'll report back later.

Oh, and order one of those lid removers while you're at it... yes, you'll need it.

update: Something Better Natural Foods is where she got here buckets... problem is, they only deliver for large orders, you you probably better at U-Line or whatever.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom