• Lending out Guns to Site Supporters for Range Trips

• Total voters

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    im in the same boat as most of these guys. I will loan a gun to a friend who needs it or wants to try it. but there aren't too many people i call friends either. Other than that i will let people shoot my guns no problem while im there. Just too many issues that can happen with a tool that is meant to kill things.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Site Supporter as a criteria???

I know a lot of really stupid people that can come up with 15 dollars... I had better know you extemely well and even then it might not happen. Too much can go wrong for little to no benefit. Most ranges rent guns, cough up the $10 bucks to use one for an hour.

If I am at the range, I am willing to let 'most' try out one of my firearms after a little 'interogation' to determine their knowledge and safety standards. I am all for promoting the 'hobby', but common sense and situational awareness has to prevail here.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I would never lend a gun to a stranger... never. I would meet up with one at my local range and let them try a gun they had interest in... but never unsupervised.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Not to anyone I do not know personally, and then with much trepidation. Would probably have to be under my supervision. Thats just me.

Ditto to this. If a member was in the area or willing to drive up Id have no problem going to the range with that person. Would I give up possession? Nope.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I have on occasion loaned a gun to a trusted friend. Someone I know will treat the gun as I do and it will come back to me as clean as it was when he got it. I have and will let others shoot my guns but I am right there. Beyond that.....Nah, not my guns.

Pretty much this^^

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Like most I would not hand one over to just somebody. I have loaned to both of my brothers (1 for a NRA basic pistol class) and a friend or two. Those examples are long relationships and I had no concerns. Anybody else? Nope. But if I am at the range I have no qualms sharing with most people, but how many people really want to shoot someone else's Glock, 1911 or M9?

I answered no. "Site Supporter" means nothing to me in that aspect.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Man.
    I know we'd all like to think we're all one happy family here .... but
    my answer would not just be no, but "hell no."

Maybe some day I'll be lucky enought to get to know an INGOer good enough to trust them with my guns.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    No way, never. I'd have no problem letting someone shoot my guns using my ammo while I'm there but nope, not loaning anything to most anyone. Even most friends (people I consider good friends), I'm not loaning firearms to.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I think there's a difference between sharing your stuff at a range for somebody to try, and letting your stuff go bye-bye out of your sight/control.
    I've seen some "I hand people my stuff" comments, but I don't consider that "borrowing/lending" as much as "trying stuff out under the supervision of the owner."

There's only one person I've loaned guns to, in order for him to have an extra (.22 duplicate) for a safety class. He's also loaned me a carry gun while mine was having work done (before I had others like it).

Would I loan any to anyone else?
    At this time; Absolutely "no".
    In the future; Highly unlikely...but you never know.

Neither a borrower or a lender be. Polonius

No, man... that was Skipper.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXId5jOTxdg[/ame]

Top Bottom