• Lending out Guns to Site Supporters for Range Trips

• Total voters

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    So I am considering at the moment just for kicks. Loaning out my guns from time to time.

I was thinking of loaning out some of my guns since some members are interested in firearms they dont have or trying out optics for firearms they may purchase later..

My thoughts were to See a LTCH, DL, make copies of both and let them borrow for a few hours. I.E. Range trip only.

My only stipulations would be Established site supporters only for the time being.

I figure its a good way to help out and educate other members.

Has anyone else considered this?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have on occasion loaned a gun to a trusted friend. Someone I know will treat the gun as I do and it will come back to me as clean as it was when he got it. I have and will let others shoot my guns but I am right there. Beyond that.....Nah, not my guns.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I've lent guns to people I've met personally. I'd never do it just based on being an INGO member or site supporter.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    No, I haven't considered this and wouldn't based on your criteria. Having said that, you are an adult and can make your decision after you have considered the consequences.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have loaned guns to family members and close friends I could trust. I am also a woodworker and have loaned my tools the same way. I really don't like to loan or borrow except for special cases. My good friend (I don't call many people that) was an animal control officer and really needed a handgun - at the time he could not afford one. He is much like me in that he doesn't like to borrow. I tried to get him to carry my Colt King Cobra but he wouldn't as he said it was too valuable - He did end up carrying my Astra 400, WW2 gun that is a 9mm Largo / 38 Super. I had hand loaded several boxes of ammo so he used it. It worked well for him until he bought a .357. Came back to me in same condition as loaned. There are few people I would loan one of my guns, more due to the issue of them harming themselves or others than me being worried about the guns.

EyesDownfield

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    I wouldn't lend a firearm to anyone that I felt like I needed to card first. If I feel like I need to be asking them for an ID, I don't know them well enough to trust them with a loaned weapon.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I would meet up with someone and go to the range and let them shoot something.

I have loaned a 38 special out to close friends for home protection until he could afford to buy it from me. He bought on the loaner program paying what he could when he could and it only took a little over a year to pay it off.

I would like to shoot a:

1: Smith model 41
    2: original model 52 winchester target
    4: fixed 36 power scope

LEt me know if you want to let me shoot one of them.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I said Yes with LTCH and DL.....but I would like to add that I would only feel comfortable with that after having met the person and having an established relationship with them...aka gone shooting together before, gone out for a few beers, know where eachother lives, went out with the wives for dinner, etc. LOL

Wouldn't feel comfortable with just the "site supporter" status

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I answered "NO" to the poll. The exception would be a close friend and that were BOTH going to the same range at the same time.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No loaning unless you are prepared to have your firearm returned to you in lesser condition than when it was loaned out, either by accident or neglect.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i let indygunworks take a few thousand dollars in equipment out east somwhere for a class he was taking.

i think he has borrowed my 260 aswell, but im not sure on that one.

that said i didnt let him borrow my stuff because he is a forum member/supporter. i let him borrow it because he is a friend i just happened to meet threw ingo

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Only to people I know and trust. I have however turned down co-workers (also INGO members) requests to borrow guns...

Last edited:

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Its not just site supporter. Established site supporter. For example Esrice, GBuck, 429, HP, DK..

People who have been around, people I have met, went to school with or other wise know on a more than an INGO level.

As I said I am just spit balling anyway. Just wanted to see if anyone else had considered it.

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    don't loan anything you are not willing to give away. I have loaned a lot of things over the years and they were almost always returned broken.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I have a handful of friends and family that I have no problem loaning firearms too. We trade range toys every now and then, no big deal.

Im not loaning a gun to a stranger, I dont care what your screen name is or how many internet points you have. Meet me at my conservation club and your welcome to shoot with me, provided your as concerned about firearm safety as I am. (INGO member or not)

Top Bottom