• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitemamba91

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2017
    South Bend
    I know how many magazines I need for a regular ar 15 but what's the going conclusion for 20 round 308 magazines for a shtf loadout? I've searched everywhere and can't find any information so any help would be appreciated tyia

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I know how many magazines I need for a regular ar 15 but what's the going conclusion for 20 round 308 magazines for a shtf loadout? I've searched everywhere and can't find any information so any help would be appreciated tyia
    In that situation as many as I could carry.
    How many magazine pouches can you fit on you load bearing vest?
    Then how many do you want to store in your backpack?
    Are you going to be away from your home in the woods and what you pack is it? Or do you live in the country and will be able to restock from your home?
    A lot of variables.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    on a serious note...

i keep 6 mags in my chest rig (2 loaded with 125gr vmax, 4 loaded with 150gr fmj) for my 300blk

i keep 2 mags loaded with 125gr vmax in my 2 mag belt pouch. and 4 mags each of 125gr vmax & 150gr fmj in my rifle bag.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    on a serious note...

i keep 6 mags in my chest rig (2 loaded with 125gr vmax, 4 loaded with 150gr fmj) for my 300blk

i keep 2 mags loaded with 125gr vmax in my 2 mag belt pouch. and 4 mags each of 125gr vmax & 150gr fmj in my rifle bag.
    I think if 300BO was my round of choice, I'd carry as much as possible. Your chances of battlefield pickup 300BO seem low... unless you encounter and kill my brother-in-law...

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    If you're near indy, you guys will both have a lot of terrain to cover and a lot of marauding to do before you run into each other when SHTF. You might both be out of 300BO by then.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    If you're near indy, you guys will both have a lot of terrain to cover and a lot of marauding to do before you run into each other when SHTF. You might both be out of 300BO by then.
    tell him to start hollering "300" in his side of town and i'll holler "blackout" on my side and we'll meet in the middle and maraud together

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My Thing one Marine with this tattoo 7.62 loadout id 200 rds with 10 mags.
    IMG-20211107-WA0000.jpg

My Thing two Marine with this tattoo loadout with 5.56 was..... about 3 times that of his older brother.
    At times he has said its twenty 30 rounders with his gig now.
    IMG-20211115-WA0000.jpg

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    GI loadout for the M14 was five mags in Vietnam era. 100 rounds total. With a Bandoleer of 60 rounds on 5 round stripper clips for repack.

During the sandbox era, when the M14 made a comeback, GI loadout was 7 mags total. 140 rounds.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Besides all the "it depends" variables like; how old are you, what terrain are you in, how long are you going to be solo, are you based out of a vehicle, etc it's going to come down to what can you actually carry and perform with. It's real easy to say a 20 year old marine / soldier carries XYZ, but are you in your 20's and working out that hard every day, probably not.

For me, in my 40's with a deskjob, former soldier back in the days of woodland camo, I'd feel very comfortable with 4 spare mags and one in the gun. Reality is, if you're alone and in a gunfight and get through two full mags before winning or losing that fight I'd be shocked. If you're in a vehicle with friends and can grab a go bag with more loaded mags that's another story.

The thing that'll really determine what you should load up is what you can carry. Load up what you think you need/want and have that on you for 4 hours straight and then go walk 3 miles or so. I bet it'll be an eye opening experience.

Top Bottom