• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I was watching last night when they found the kid OD'd or whatever was wrong with him. Did any of you see that? I am amazed at how calm them policemen stay. That little K9 guy from Jeffersonville is my favorite....that guy is Joe Kool.

One thing I didn't know, and still don't......is do people OD on Meth just like Heroin? Will Narcan work for both Meth and Heroin? They gave that guy Narcan last night when they thought he was OD'd on Heroin but then found out it was Meth.....so I assume they both are the same. Anyone know?

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I was watching last night when they found the kid OD'd or whatever was wrong with him. Did any of you see that? I am amazed at how calm them policemen stay. That little K9 guy from Jeffersonville is my favorite....that guy is Joe Kool.

One thing I didn't know, and still don't......is do people OD on Meth just like Heroin? Will Narcan work for both Meth and Heroin? They gave that guy Narcan last night when they thought he was OD'd on Heroin but then found out it was Meth.....so I assume they both are the same. Anyone know?

Narcan/Narloxen are only effective against opiods and opiates as they block the receptors in the brain. It will theoretically not have any effect on meth/amphetamines. That being said, an actual overdose suppresses the breathing and body to the point of failure. Meth/amphetamines are a stimulant and have the opposite affect.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Narcan/Narloxen are only effective against opiods and opiates as they block the receptors in the brain. It will theoretically not have any effect on meth/amphetamines. That being said, an actual overdose suppresses the breathing and body to the point of failure. Meth/amphetamines are a stimulant and have the opposite affect.

So is there no harm in administering Narcan to a person who has OD'd on Meth? Or is an OD on meth when your heart blows up?

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So is there no harm in administering Narcan to a person who has OD'd on Meth? Or is an OD on meth when your heart blows up?

There is no adverse side affect from narcan, which is why legislature has allowed law enforcement and first responders to administer medication when otherwise they would not be permitted or qualified. If someone is suffering from a condition with similar symptoms and it is administered there isn't supposed to be a problem. Narcan wouldn't affect someone high on meth.

I guess an overdose on meth would be when the body works so hard that something fails, such as a heart attack.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    C’mon guys, don’t beat yourselves up just because your warrants aren’t outstanding, everyone has to start somewhere!:):

Is that based on the Air Force Inspection ratings (outstanding, excellent, satisfactory, marginal, and unsatisfactory), or does it factor in the type of criminal activity and the grammar of the warrant itself?

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The Burger King O.D. guy was just on.

Just out of the hospital and went up to the cop who saved his life to say thank you.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Another reality show? They filmed a couple of COPS episodes in Indy several years ago. They urged officers to provoke auto or foot chases. There hasn't been a true-to-life police show on TV since Barney Miller. :)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Another reality show? They filmed a couple of COPS episodes in Indy several years ago. They urged officers to provoke auto or foot chases. There hasn't been a true-to-life police show on TV since Barney Miller. :)

Maybe Adam-12?

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Well that lady in that white Toyota was a treat.

She does not care for the police and she made that perfectly clear. But as soon as she needs help she wont hesitate to call them.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well that lady in that white Toyota was a treat.

She does not care for the police and she made that perfectly clear. But as soon as she needs help she wont hesitate to call them.
    Yip! Probably on drugs too...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    WOW! Provides false information (sister's info) to the Po-Po, sister had a felony warrant. Jeffersonville rocks!! :rockwoot:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can’t even count how many times I’ve been stopped by the cops and they’ve offered me a bag of doritos to run from them! There should be some sort of law against that ****! It’s entrapment.

So how many times did it work?

You know, this got me to thinking... One of the objections to the legalization of marijuana is the difficulty in determining the level of intoxication (since it stays in the system for so long it is detectable long after the intoxication has worn off). This "Doritos Test" could be the answer. Wave an open bag of Doritos in front of the person suspected of being "under the influence of marijuana". If there is no reaction, they're probably good to go. If they snatch it from your hands, they're probably under the influence. ;)

Top Bottom