• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Yeah it sounded pretty close to that. younz/yinz. They are in the W. Sunbury Butler area.
    I got kin-folk in Butler and Sewickley! I'm pretty certain most of the old folks from Sewickley are all dead. I haven't seen them since I was a youngster and we never did keep up with any of their kids. But I got dozens of cousins in Butler, PA.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I got kin-folk in Butler and Sewickley! I'm pretty certain most of the old folks from Sewickley are all dead. I haven't seen them since I was a youngster and we never did keep up with any of their kids. But I got dozens of cousins in Butler, PA.
    Yeah I haven't been back there in years since a little bit after my Dad passed away in "85. I think the last time I was there was to attend my grandmother's funeral a few years after that.. That was a long time ago. My grandparents (Joesph and Elfrieda) lived in W. Sunbury. Other family members were there and in Butler.

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    As I understand it, you'ns was used in the Scots-Irish parts of Appalachia. That would be me and my kin.
    NEVER!!! To be confused with the Scotch-Irish. Two entirely different groups of immigrants. Way to go Ex. :thumbsup: Scots-Irish we’re some of the first to migrate out of the colonial region and start the westward expansion of our great nation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That’s really country.
    That’s more Appalachian. But. Maybe in Missippi. You drive until it’s a dirt road. And keep driving until it’s just two tracks and weeds in the middle. And then you see an angry woman with no teeth holding a shotgun standing in the middle of the path. And she says, you’uns need to turn around and git awn outta here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom