Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    What this site really needs is a rule against changing your avatar. I had just got to the point of being able to recognize everyone's avatar quickly so I could scroll through posts and just see the avatar out of the corner of my eye and know who's talking, then suddenly we have two mods in the last few days change their avatar, and now I'm afraid I'm not gonna recognize who's posting at first (since I never look at names) and accidentally mouth of to a mod and end up having to go over to reddit to post all my abundant wisdom... ;)
    Same, but don’t understand the purple…

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think we can all agree we lost a great new member this morning. Sure he only had one post, but wow, what a post. Sharing with us, people he didnt even know, a great new site to buy stuff at reduced prices. Sure it might have been a scam site, but it showed how much he cared about us. He held so much promise and will be greatly missed.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I think we can all agree we lost a great new member this morning. Sure he only had one post, but wow, what a post. Sharing with us, people he didnt even know, a great new site to buy stuff at reduced prices. Sure it might have been a scam site, but it showed how much he cared about us. He held so much promise and will be greatly missed.

"Good news to all! Quickly would I like to attention you to a greatly ammo website of big hopes. Today will you become excited for the prices to it! Bestful regards my friends!"

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Sorry I slept in.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    What this site really needs is a rule against changing your avatar. I had just got to the point of being able to recognize everyone's avatar quickly so I could scroll through posts and just see the avatar out of the corner of my eye and know who's talking, then suddenly we have two mods in the last few days change their avatar, and now I'm afraid I'm not gonna recognize who's posting at first (since I never look at names) and accidentally mouth off to a mod and end up having to go over to reddit to post all my abundant wisdom... ;)
    Welp, off to change my avatar....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    no tastes is better than poop taste.

I don't like the taste of coffee.
    The "no taste" water is better than the "poop taste" coffee.

I do however, enjoy the smell of coffee.
    First time I tried coffee I said that it tastes like I would imagine an ashtray full of cigarette butts would taste.

But then I kept drinking it. And I like it. So. Moral of the story, even an ashtray full of cigarette butts can taste good if you taste it often enough.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    First time I tried coffee I said that it tastes like I would imagine an ashtray full of cigarette butts would taste.

But then I kept drinking it. And I like it. So. Moral of the story, even an ashtray full of cigarette butts can taste good if you taste it often enough.
    Yes.

But why?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Had coffee in my baby bottles.

Funny story, My granddaughter is very timid, after covid she didn't know who I was and wouldn't come near me. I tried everything to make her like me.

Finally I offered her a sip of my black coffee, she loves it and now she loves me.

Another:

A lady I worked with the North Carolina said that coffee taste like dirt in fact it's made from dirt. I said what she said "Haven't you ever heard of coffee grounds?"

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What this site really needs is a rule against changing your avatar. I had just got to the point of being able to recognize everyone's avatar quickly so I could scroll through posts and just see the avatar out of the corner of my eye and know who's talking, then suddenly we have two mods in the last few days change their avatar, and now I'm afraid I'm not gonna recognize who's posting at first (since I never look at names) and accidentally mouth off to a mod and end up having to go over to reddit to post all my abundant wisdom... ;)

My avatar hasn't changed since I started here. :)

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Speaking only for myself, I’m only now learning the technology, I’ve changed mine several times since I learned about this gizmos camera feature last week. I may change it again, until I find the one I can live with.

That’s my plan unless someone makes a “RULE“ against it.
    JMO of course.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom