• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's not your opinion that is so offensive. It is big brother with the ban hammer that backs you up. We'll see if this is another instance.

Hello pudly.

We seem to be having a difference of opinion. It seems to be bothering you. I have offered to correspond privately about this to try to come to some type of understanding. You, so far, have refused.

I am asking you, now, not to make things personal on the open forum.

My offer stands.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    And my response stands. There have been quite a few people banned for comments made in PMs with moderators. I will not fall into that same trap. If you want to ban me, it will be based on what is said in public.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    1.However, that said the vast majority of bannings I've seen have been legit.

2. I know I have an uphill battle having people respect my opinion.

1. I'm sure you believe that. However, when multiple people get banned for having the nerve to respond to your antics, it should become clear to the mods and you where the real problem is. Of course, you'll never admit that because you're the victim, right?

2. It's a lost battle.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    1. I'm sure you believe that. However, when multiple people get banned for having the nerve to respond to your antics, it should become clear to the mods and you where the real problem is. Of course, you'll never admit that because you're the victim, right?

2. It's a lost battle.

Antics? The nerve to stand up to me? I never knew people were sooooo afraid of me. Like I said earlier, if you have that much fear, bro, by all means put me on ignore. You can live in whatever utopia you wish.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Antics? The nerve to stand up to me? I never knew people were sooooo afraid of me. Like I said earlier, if you have that much fear, bro, by all means put me on ignore. You can live in whatever utopia you wish.

Lmao, you have a few things confused. I'll try to help even though it's clearly a lost cause. No one is afraid of you. More than a few people are annoyed with your attitude. I am one of them. You make it your goal to join every thread and devolve it into a black vs white issue and then you play the poor victim. It's old, and people are tired of it. For someone who claims to have thick skin, you spend so much time complaining about imaginary slights, it's hard to believe you.

I am not afraid of you, I am disgusted by the fact that mods tip toe around the real problem. This board has lost more than one good member who decided they had enough of your games. I can only hope that, sooner or later and I really hope it's sooner, the mods will tire of canning people over you.

I am certainly not your bro, and I will not put you on my ignore list. I've never used it, and you don't deserve to be the first.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

I'm not afraid of you. I've been waiting for you to show up at a cheeseburger fest.

Which reminds me... we're about due for one. Paging CM...

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And my response stands. There have been quite a few people banned for comments made in PMs with moderators. I will not fall into that same trap. If you want to ban me, it will be based on what is said in public.

I'm not sure how to respond to this.

Pudly, I'm not out to ban you...or any other user on INGO. Do you know how crazy that sounds?

I don't need "trumped up charges", or to "bait" you into doing something "banworthy"...that is simply ridiculous.

Everyone that posts here is here by invitation. Each of the staff members have full authority to pull that invitation for any user at any time...at that staff member's sole discretion.

I want users to get along. I want users to be respectful when dealing with one another. This is only a problem in the classifieds, and in the General Political Forum. People take things personally, and make things personal. I assume you are unhappy with my methods, or my moderation style...I don't know, maybe you think I have some kind of agenda I am trying to forward using my "position".

I have never banned anyone for the content of a PM, or due to a face-to-face interaction. I generally explain my bans when asked...and one last thing I'd like to point out: the VAST majority of the bans I have issued are temporary bans. Sometimes a user just needs a break from INGO. Sometimes INGO just needs a break from certain users. It isn't like INGO users heed our repeated warning posts to "Be Civil", or "Discuss the topic, not the user", sometimes a temp-ban is the best way to stop nonsense in its tracks.

If you want to make me out to be the villain I cannot stop you, but it isn't reality. If you want to get banned so badly I'm sure you'll find a way to make that happen, and that's the sad part of all this: you seem to want to blame me for that, even though I'm doing my best to offer an olive branch to you.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    There comes a time when you have to realize that you may not share the same worldview as another, and is it worth getting banned for that? Just rememder that the ignore function is a really useful feature, and I wish that other forums used it also.

Whoa there Betty Ford...No need to start blaming INGO threads for your love of good liquor....:)
    INGO, the 13th step :D

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

Please step back and cool off. I would hate to see you shootered in the shootered thread. Like Ron White, we all have the right to remain silent but not always the ability.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    72699420.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not afraid of you. I've been waiting for you to show up at a cheeseburger fest.

Which reminds me... we're about due for one. Paging CM...

Oh I am here.
    Yeah we are past due for a cheeseburger summit. We need deep adult discourse and ideas to save the world......from ourselves.

I will only add to this thread that the way folks respond is what gets them banned. Take a deep breath and use your head when responding. Anxiety's are high right now.
    I have not been involved in any of these but I can read and I do shake my head sometimes.
    There is no conspiracy here folks.

Not sure where the banned from PM's came from. If this were the case I would have rolled out the hammer many many more times.
    Some of the irrational and idiotic PM's from infractions and asking folks to tone down a bit is hilarious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom