• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    oh look, someone found my shopping list.

Americans are such if they read the Ten Commands, they would see a list of things to do.

My guess is that these laws are not enforceable. I have a friend that has trouble comprehending that we might have about 40 million Americans who will refuse to obey the law and are willing to go to prison over it. I think that many yuppies (educated professionals who tend to be moderate - basically have been brainwashed into being "popular") can not comprehend the depth that many will go to fight this law. They can see such opposition when it comes to abortion (something that they support) or even what happened with Prohibition. But guns are not something that they believe in thus they can not understand that millions are willing to go to prison for that right.

Look, just in December there were over 3 million guns sold. If each gun came with two magazines, that is now 6 million magazines in the market. And we may well have far more than two hundred million magazines out there. Plus magazines are nothing more than a piece of sheet metal, bend, formed and has a spring in the middle. Mexicans would make then for a few dollars then smuggle them over the border if they became illegal.

In fact if we had a gun ban, look for Mexicans to make any gun we want. If they could make an AK-47 (even full auto) for $100, it would have a street value of nearly $900 which is a very good profit.

These yuppies can not understand that there are millions of Americans in our urban areas who do not register their cars, carry no insurance, and do not have a drivers license thus drive illegally. That meth can be cooked. So if Americans already do not obey laws, make illegal substances then why would guns be any different?

Plus many cops would not arrest you for having a banned gun that is not registered. Many of them would be doing the same thing.

Again the law would be a nightmare for the democrats.

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Since I haven't seen anyone post it yet, here is the actual full text of the bill. Read this and interpret for yourself rather than relying in second hand reports and summaries.

Assault Weapons Ban of 2013

The by-name ban list appears on pages 4-10, the by name exempt list is pages 23-118.

Definition of an assault weapon:
    (A) A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
    (i) A pistol grip.
    (ii) A forward grip.
    (iii) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.
    (iv) A grenade launcher or rocket launcher (LOL).
    (v) A barrel shroud.
    (vi) A threaded barrel.

(B) A semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, except for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.
    (this appears to thwart "bullet buttons")

(C) Any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun. (Slidefire)

Interesting items of note:
    -It appears that pre-ban magazines will not be transferable.

-Unless I missed something, this bill only closes the "gun-show loophole" for firearms that will be classified as assault weapons by this bill, not all firearms.

-Bayonet lugs are no longer considered a threat.

So the big question now is...where can I get one of those rail-mounted rocket launchers?

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Sorry if this has already been clarified about the mini 14. I looked through several pages and didn't see anything that answered this point.

It would a appear a "ranch rifle" mini 14 or other similar variant would not have fallen under the purview of the bill, but for whatever reason it was given specific exempt status. My question is, since they are specifically exempt from the bill could they not be sold or at least modified with the banned features except the specifically banned folding stock? I didn't see anything in thee text of the bill that would prohibit you from doing so.

Top Bottom