• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've got this gently used Wireless G router from Linksys. It's been a great router, but I upgraded to Wireless N thinking my internet problems were coming from the network and they were not. (Ok it was a ploy to get my wife to let me upgrade! :):)

Yes, the router has had a firmware upgrade but I do not remember to what version.

Either way, this router is in great working condition and comes with box (if I can find it) and the original driver/software CD.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-WRT54G-Wireless-G-Router/dp/B00007KDVI"]Amazon.com: Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router: Electronics[/ame]

Amazon is stupid ridiculous in their prices. I can find them for $40-45 at Walmart. I'm asking $35 since it's used and I may or may not be able to find the box. Trade interests include FMJ 7.62x39 Preferably Wolf.

I also have various Cat5 networking cables if you need them and a linksys PCI wireless G card if the buyer is interested in buying them as well.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    The answer is yes; this is no trivial process, installation isn't for the faint of heart but I'd do it for $20.

DDWRT gives you full control of the radio frequency, this allows you to "over clock" the output thus resulting in greater range.

Also, DDWRT gives you nice "bridging" functionality, this way you can link 2 wifi routers together on the same subnet for greater range.

Top Bottom