• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amjindiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2022
    Northeast
    Does anyone have a recommendation on lights for revolvers? I'm fairly new to the game, so I'm sure there are many options out there, but figured you all could point me in the right direction.

I don't have a particular model in mind, just wondering in general what people are using to mount their lights. Thanks!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Does anyone have a recommendation on lights for revolvers? I'm fairly new to the game, so I'm sure there are many options out there, but figured you all could point me in the right direction.

I don't have a particular model in mind, just wondering in general what people are using to mount their lights. Thanks!
    Giant "d" battery powered Maglite...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Generally, you don't. There is at least one S&W that has a rail and was allegedly designed for the guy up front with the shield making dynamic entries, but I can't recall the name any longer. TR something or other? Otherwise you're trying to rig something up, and while I'm sure some McGuyvering can make it work...why?

amjindiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2022
    Northeast
    Generally, you don't. There is at least one S&W that has a rail and was allegedly designed for the guy up front with the shield making dynamic entries, but I can't recall the name any longer. TR something or other? Otherwise you're trying to rig something up, and while I'm sure some McGuyvering can make it work...why?
    Thanks for the info. I'd like to mount a light on one for home defense.

Gravyman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 21, 2022
    Fishers
    Yeah the S&W fancy performance center revolver has a rail. Although I wouldn't want 357mag for HD, I suppose you could load it with 38sp. Why are you stuck on revolvers? There are probably a number of crimson trace lights that can hook up to certain revolver frame trigger guards.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Pretty much all modern lights mount by picatinny rail or are custom molded to the frame (of a gun popular enough to be profitable). Unless you have a pic rail on your revolver, you're looking at a handheld light.

Why a revolver? If you want a modern light, why not attach it to a modern firearm.

Top Bottom