• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Road Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2022
    Gowdy
    Applied for & recieved my Lifetime LTCH 3 years ago. After reading the link is there a difference between the Lifetime & 5 year LTCH. Doesn't appear that the 5 years carries any privileges with Indiana or the ATF. Don't remember checking any boxes for Lifetime. Maybe cause I'm over 65? Totally happy with "Lifetime/ no fee" for sure. Thank you for your Legislative efforts KellyinAvon...

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Got my lifetime a while back..just about the time Indiana went constitutional carry (figures), but I like having a LTCH if, and when I travel to states with reciprocity (it took me 3 tries to spell that right) and I hope less informed LEO's might be less inclined to harass me, if I were pulled over, and carrying..

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Applied for & recieved my Lifetime LTCH 3 years ago. After reading the link is there a difference between the Lifetime & 5 year LTCH. Doesn't appear that the 5 years carries any privileges with Indiana or the ATF. Don't remember checking any boxes for Lifetime. Maybe cause I'm over 65? Totally happy with "Lifetime/ no fee" for sure. Thank you for your Legislative efforts KellyinAvon...
    I guess that would depend entirely on if your life expectancy is longer than 5 years...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    IIRC when the 5 year LTCH was proposed it was to placate the folks pushing for constitutional carry. It was free and had some other sort of pixie dust sprinkled on top (that has escaped me now) that would have theoretically made it suitable for the feds to allow us to use it as a sort of 4473 bypass card. That’s never happened as far as I know. Then they made the lifetime card free. Then, finally constitutional carry was passed.

If I had to choose between the 2, I’d get the lifetime unless or until they come through with allowing us to use the 5 year card to bypass the 4473 paperwork process.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I still hold a valid AZ CCW permit/“LTCH” which has a 5-year renewal cycle. I LOVED being able to just fill out a 4473 and walk out the door, none of this waiting for a NICS check, getting a busy signal, etc. I’ve never been delayed or denied, but getting the busy signal kinda sucks.

Anyway, that would be the only reason I’d elect for a 5-year here. I still need to apply for an IN LTCH, but with Constitutional Carry and my AZ permit, I figure I’m covered on the legal front fairly well so I haven’t bothered getting a pink card yet.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I still hold a valid AZ CCW permit/“LTCH” which has a 5-year renewal cycle. I LOVED being able to just fill out a 4473 and walk out the door, none of this waiting for a NICS check, getting a busy signal, etc. I’ve never been delayed or denied, but getting the busy signal kinda sucks.

Anyway, that would be the only reason I’d elect for a 5-year here. I still need to apply for an IN LTCH, but with Constitutional Carry and my AZ permit, I figure I’m covered on the legal front fairly well so I haven’t bothered getting a pink card yet.
    I don't see why you would get a lifetime if you're going to maintain an Arizona permit. Indiana won't get you anymore reciprocity than that. I'm not aware of any states except possibly Illinois that residency also applies any longer.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I've had an Indiana lifetime license since they came out with it. I like it for when I'm traveling out of state, wish we had reciprocity like AZ does

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I don't see why you would get a lifetime if you're going to maintain an Arizona permit. Indiana won't get you anymore reciprocity than that.

Seven states, CO, FL, ME, MI, ND, NH, and PA do not recognize non-resident licenses. If one wants to have a license that is recognized in those states, even though some of them now have permitless/constitutional carry, one needs an Indiana LTCH.

ND's permitless carry at first only applied to ND residents and was only expanded to non-residents last August.

Of those remaining, CO, MI, and PA still do not have constitutional carry.

So, having the lifetime IN LTCH gets one those 3 additional states (CO, MI, and PA) at this point I believe.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Seven states, CO, FL, ME, MI, ND, NH, and PA do not recognize non-resident licenses. If one wants to have a license that is recognized in those states, even though some of them now have permitless/constitutional carry, one needs an Indiana LTCH.

ND's permitless carry at first only applied to ND residents and was only expanded to non-residents last August.

Of those remaining, CO, MI, and PA still do not have constitutional carry.

So, having the lifetime IN LTCH gets one those 3 additional states (CO, MI, and PA) at this point I believe.
    I haven't looked up Illinois law for a bit, does theirs still have the wording that you need a license "from your state" to be able to CC in your vehicle?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I haven't looked up Illinois law for a bit, does theirs still have the wording that you need a license "from your state" to be able to CC in your vehicle?
    Not sure about IL, but in MI, you must have a license issued by your state. Open carry without a license is allowed, but simply entering your vehicle and closing the door is considered concealed so you would need to store it unloaded in the trunk every time you got in your vehicle.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Not sure about IL, but in MI, you must have a license issued by your state. Open carry without a license is allowed, but simply entering your vehicle and closing the door is considered concealed so you would need to store it unloaded in the trunk every time you got in your vehicle.
    I do remember that discussion because we are all discussing whether or not motorcycles counted haha

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    When I went to Wisconsin, back in 2018, they recognized Indiana’s LTCH, checked on Handgun Law awhile back , and it changed…,,

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    You can request a replacement (at least you could in the past) and get the newer version as well. Believe it was $20 at the time.

Thank you for posting that. Last year I submitted a change of address thinking they would send a new card with the new address. Nope. They only changed the address on my online account. This morning I selected “change address” and “duplicate license” and it looks like the ball is rolling now.

CombatShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    NW
    I don’t recall an option when I applied 10 years ago, they just sent a lifetime LTCH
    I did have an Illinois, Florida and Utah CCW license at the time, maybe that had something to do with it ?

Top Bottom