• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    If that isnt the dumbest area to place a sticker i’ve ever seen in my entire damn life.

-edit-

Mine doesn't say Bluetooth and I removed both stickers. No hole or button so I'm assuming it's an older model. Just an update.
    So you're saying you didn't watch the video that seemed to be integral to your ongoing "discussion"? :laugh6:

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Huh? :scratch: Your back and forth with @Mij was this week and last I checked it was 2023.
    Oh I thought you meant why didn't I watch it back when I bought my safe. Yea, didn't bother searching for a reset button video as I never knew it existed. Liberty told me I needed master code and wouldn't give it to me. So chalk that up to another ****** liberty policy.

They told me to hire a locksmith to have combo changed.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Oh I thought you meant why didn't I watch it back when I bought my safe. Yea, didn't bother searching for a reset button video as I never knew it existed. Liberty told me I needed master code and wouldn't give it to me. So chalk that up to another ****** liberty policy.

They told me to hire a locksmith to have combo changed.
    :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

:postpics:

:laugh:

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Hate to bring this back on topic, but a few weeks before Liberty stepped in it, I started hearing adds about Rhino Safes. They have some unique designs. I’m not interested as I bought my Liberty some time ago, with the traditional lock. But if I were to purchase another!

And how after 287 posts, there are no memes of the opening of Get Smart?!?

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Hate to bring this back on topic, but a few weeks before Liberty stepped in it, I started hearing adds about Rhino Safes. They have some unique designs. I’m not interested as I bought my Liberty some time ago, with the traditional lock. But if I were to purchase another!

And how after 287 posts, there are no memes of the opening of Get Smart?!?
    I finally got to the point where buying a safe of my own made sense (not renting anymore, oldest daughter is school age, and my collection is more substantial) and I went with an entry level Rhino. They just came of with a new style lockup and liquidated many of the old round bolt models to retailers one of which is RK. I got it on sale out the door for $802, 45 min rated at 1400°, and 6'x3'x2'; all told a fair deal. Shipped to the store free and I loaded it on a cheap uhaul trailer with an safe dolly I borrowed from work.
    20230729_084711.jpg

Last edited:

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Several years ago a neighbor (when you live rural a neighbor can be 10 mile or more) that had to use the liberty lifetime guarantee.
    Thieves broke In while they were at his father’s funeral, spent several hours ransacking the house but mostly trying to get into his liberty safe. They used his prybars, hammers and anthing else they could find to no avail. however the did basically destroy the thing even laying it on its back for better leverage.
    Liberty told him they would send someone out to drill and open it since the combination lock was destroyed. Gave him credit for his destroyed safe towards a new one which he promptly upgraded models. Its disgusting to see this happen to a company that I held such high regards for.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Several years ago a neighbor (when you live rural a neighbor can be 10 mile or more) that had to use the liberty lifetime guarantee.
    Thieves broke In while they were at his father’s funeral, spent several hours ransacking the house but mostly trying to get into his liberty safe. They used his prybars, hammers and anthing else they could find to no avail. however the did basically destroy the thing even laying it on its back for better leverage.
    Liberty told him they would send someone out to drill and open it since the combination lock was destroyed. Gave him credit for his destroyed safe towards a new one which he promptly upgraded models. Its disgusting to see this happen to a company that I held such high regards for.
    Not the same company as they have been sold to leftist hedge fund operators.

“Campaign finance documents found an unsurprising connection between Liberty Safe’s parent company and the Democratic Party in an attempt to restrict American’s Second Amendment rights.“

“Monomoy Capital Partners, which purchased Liberty Safe in 2021, has contributed more almost half a million dollars to prominent Democrats such as Senators Raphael Warnock (D-GA), John Fetterman (D-PA), and Mark Kelly (D-AZ).“

“All of the donations made by the company total over $400,000 to the party that seeks to limit firearms.“

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Really good explanation of safe locks

Though Winston does a great explanation of safe locks and how the industry works.
    He makes a really valid point near the end of the video that the gov't has electronic equipment that they can plug into an electronic lock and get the combination without calling a locksmith or the safe company. But for some reason the FBI didn't have it for the search, so a quick phone call and there you go.
    Nothing is full proof.
    If they wanted into it, they will eventually get into it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The lesson is, put your vault in a corner of a room so the hinge side is away from the corner. And bolt it down to the floor with 4 quickbolts.
    One cant pry it open if one cant get a bar into the opening side of the vault.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Really good explanation of safe locks

Though Winston does a great explanation of safe locks and how the industry works.
    He makes a really valid point near the end of the video that the gov't has electronic equipment that they can plug into an electronic lock and get the combination without calling a locksmith or the safe company. But for some reason the FBI didn't have it for the search, so a quick phone call and there you go.
    Nothing is full proof.
    If they wanted into it, they will eventually get into it.
    Aren't warrants time bound? How long is a typical warrant for if there is such a thing? Would they have known he had a safe before hand? I'm sure they would have got in during the time of the warrant if they wanted to, but it would have probably involved more metal shavings and sparks, if they had to in a specific time window.

It's a very bad look for Liberty and just will cost them some business, when if they had thought through the policy a bit better, it wouldn't have had to.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have a Browning Medallion safe with an S&G dial lock. I don't think they've given out master combos...if that's a thing...lol
    When I bought my dial safe, the manufacturer gave me the combo. When all of this blew up it got me to wondering if they still have that in their files.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I took the plunge and invested in a Johnson Safe a few years back. Was not cheap but has been well worth the investment. BTW, has a dial lock, did not want electronic.

Top Bottom