• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    I have never bought online, but am planning to. what is the going rate for transfers around Indy? I seem to remember talks of them being like $20 bucks, but again I have not really done any research. So whats the going rate?

suzgsxr1300

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Noblesville
    Powder Monkey Gunz in Anderson does them for $15. I haven't personally used him yet, but I was referred to him by someone for whom he's done several transfers.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    A retired Fireman in Elkhart does them from his home for $10. He gets several every week from Internet shoppers.
    I will ask Guns Plus Gear what they charge.

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    If you're in McCordsville, call M&J Firearms in Fortville and ask them what they ask.

Home Page

-J-

i had not heard of them, but that is worth a shot. one place I called was $35. which seemed high to me, but I also understand that they are doing basically a favor...I didnt spend my money with them, but want them to basically 'sell' it to me. I'm understanding, but it just seemed high.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    i had not heard of them, but that is worth a shot. one place I called was $35. which seemed high to me, but I also understand that they are doing basically a favor...I didnt spend my money with them, but want them to basically 'sell' it to me. I'm understanding, but it just seemed high.

They're not doing you a "favor". They make money off the transaction and it's part of any LGS's business. Good ones will do the transfer for a decent rate so they'll get repeat business.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    They're not doing you a "favor". They make money off the transaction and it's part of any LGS's business. Good ones will do the transfer for a decent rate so they'll get repeat business.

I agree. My FFL told me he gets the forms for free and the "transfer" only includes about 2 minutes of their time to call it in, get a Go, No Go, or wait; and then write down a confirmation code. So if that's true, $450/hr isn't bad at all. Someone asking north of $20 seems to just be greedy.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Orion Arms in Jeffersonville charges $15 if you mention you are an INGO member.

I wanna say HiTek in Sellersburg is $25 or 30, same for Two Brothers in New Albany (but its been a few years at either place for me).

lubemupski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Fishers
    Indiana Gun Club is not too far from you, and I know they charge $25, plus, if you are buying a shotgun, you can go out and break some clays while you are there.

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    I've done a couple of transfers at Kodaik Range in South Bend for $20.00. Easy enough, they called me when the firearm arrived and I picked them up the same day. YMMV.
    Best,
    Wildcatfan.62

Top Bottom