Leupold Delta Point Micro that replaces rear sight.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pfcmaurx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Jeffersonville
    Same here.

Actually, as I've trained with a Holosun 509T, I can see were it could work. How often do you come to presentation and not have your sights in relative alignment. I think it will work a lot like a ghost ring aperture.
    I have a ghost ring on my HK45 and it is amazing. I’m hoping to get my hands on the delta point micro just to see. That being said I don’t think I’ll ever buy one.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

"If red dots are a drug, I'm a drug dealer. And this would be a gateway drug." -Aaron Cowan

Aaron was very kind in his review of a $400 humpback tiny window red dot.
    I think the humpback would suck to conceal and the window size has little advantage over irons. But it's different and people will buy it because it's a Leopold.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Aaron was very kind in his review of a $400 humpback tiny window red dot.
    I think the humpback would suck to conceal and the window size has little advantage over irons. But it's different and people will buy it because it's a Leopold.
    I follow Leupold on social media honestly they have not been pushing the Micro at all, with this review being positive that may change however.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I picked one up and like it much better than I imagined. I'll shoot it a time or two in a match before carrying it but it has surprising potential IMHO.. I've been using a dot for a couple of years and had no trouble finding it, strangely it seemed more intuitive but I can put my finger on the why.
    I was skeptical but this thing may be a game changer. It's not pretty but that's not what it's about, a Glock isn't pretty either.

Attachments

• 19XC deltamicro.jpg
      19XC deltamicro.jpg
      2.5 MB · Views: 9

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I picked one up and like it much better than I imagined. I'll shoot it a time or two in a match before carrying it but it has surprising potential IMHO.. I've been using a dot for a couple of years and had no trouble finding it, strangely it seemed more intuitive but I can put my finger on the why.
    I was skeptical but this thing may be a game changer. It's not pretty but that's not what it's about, a Glock isn't pretty either.
    I would very much like to see that! So far, it doesn't look like the ones for the Smith and Wesson's are out yet.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    He did say today he used to be a drug dealer. Didn’t hear if anyone asked him about this specific dot, he may be more forthcoming if we ask tomorrow…
    Aaron did mention it today. He said the same thing as the summary in the video. He would never use it, but hopes it gets more people into the red dot game.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    A guy I know who thinks every new gadget that comes out is going to fix his shooting problems got one and asked me to try it. Spoiler alert, he isn't shooting any better. For me the jury is still out. It definitely isn't a MRDS in the way we think of them and looses some of the benefits because of that. Seeing as how I have been doing this slide mounted red dot thing for 12 years now I try to buy the new stuff and check it out thoroughly, but the price for what you get on this ugly little bugger may keep me from doing that. I never say never though.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aaron did mention it today. He said the same thing as the summary in the video. He would never use it, but hopes it gets more people into the red dot game.
    I was puzzled by his review. He seemed very accurate with it and it still worked after he beat the crap out of it but said he would never use it. Two things I feel are a must reliability and accuracy and it had both.
    I find if a little easier to use in some respects. I tend to still occlude my left eye with a normal red dot but this seems easier to shoot with both eyes fully open. That's why they make different models I suppose.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I was puzzled by his review. He seemed very accurate with it and it still worked after he beat the crap out of it but said he would never use it. Two things I feel are a must reliability and accuracy and it had both.
    Aaron's point is that he personally wouldn't use it because he is far enough along with red dots that there are better choices out there for the type of shooting he does. Not that other shooters shouldn't try it. For example, there are no other red dot sights that put the dot right on the front sight post. Most red dot reticles are going to be between 2 and 6 MOA. A front sight post is going to be somewhere between 10-16 MOA. By having to put the front post on target you lose the advantage a red dot gives you in terms of having less of the target covered up at longer distances.

He likes it as an intro into the red dot world, but feels ultimately shooters will move beyond it once they decide they actually like using a dot.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I find if a little easier to use in some respects. I tend to still occlude my left eye with a normal red dot but this seems easier to shoot with both eyes fully open. That's why they make different models I suppose.
    He used the term gateway drug, which indicates to me ‘you’ll want something more later’. A lot of new RDS shooters spend a lot of time looking for the dot, weaving both the gun and head. If this is more like a ghost ring and smaller in general a newb won’t have that need, or even option. If it’s easier to shoot both eyes open, that will also train a newb well. All of this adds up to better, easier adoption for a bigger window and more capability, but sometimes things are better taken in steps. I personally hate doing things that way and hurt myself sometimes.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    He used the term gateway drug, which indicates to me ‘you’ll want something more later’. A lot of new RDS shooters spend a lot of time looking for the dot, weaving both the gun and head. If this is more like a ghost ring and smaller in general a newb won’t have that need, or even option. If it’s easier to shoot both eyes open, that will also train a newb well. All of this adds up to better, easier adoption for a bigger window and more capability, but sometimes things are better taken in steps. I personally hate doing things that way and hurt myself sometimes.
    I guess I'm an anomaly but I don't find the bigger window to be an advantage. When I concentrate on the target and present the gun I see the dot, small window or large.. For me the small window and using the normal height front sight as a reference works very well. I like the fact that it's durable and an enclosed emitter. I understand that someone that struggles to see the dot might have a very difficult time finding the dot in a smaller window. After seeing Aaron trying to destroy it and my limited experience I'm pretty impressed with it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I guess I'm an anomaly but I don't find the bigger window to be an advantage. When I concentrate on the target and present the gun I see the dot, small window or large.. For me the small window and using the normal height front sight as a reference works very well. I like the fact that it's durable and an enclosed emitter. I understand that someone that struggles to see the dot might have a very difficult time finding the dot in a smaller window. After seeing Aaron trying to destroy it and my limited experience I'm pretty impressed with it.
    You have me rethinking a couple of my setups; I have an mro but have preferred my Romeo because of the larger size (and clarity). Maybe I need to revisit and spend some time with the mro and see if the smaller size bothers me as much now.
    It would be cool to shoot the DP micro.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I was very skeptical of the concept but wanted to try it for the simple reason that installation was so simple. I was also very skeptical of the first 19X that I saw but after the first round downrange changed my mind.. I try not to automatically kick any idea to the curb because obviously I'm too skeptical about too many things. :dunno:

Top Bottom