Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

This is my new Senator. Anyone know anything about her? @KellyinAvon
    I wrote her an Email on 12/3. I still haven't received any reply.

So who thought it was a Good idea to Gerrymander the state again? I lost my Senator Chip Perfect, and have to now deal with this unknown.
    Found the email I sent my NRA and NRA-ILA POCs after the vote on ConC.

In the Senate it was 30-20: 39 -11 R majority and 9 R's broke ranks. Here is the list and what their NRA-PVF rating was in 2018 or 2020.

Bassler District 39: A- in 2018
    Becker District 50: A in 2020
    Brown (damn I wish she was being primaried) District 15: B+ not endorsed in 2018
    Charbnneau District 5: A in 2020
    Crider District 28: A in 2020
    Glick District 13: A in 2020 Broke ranks on the poison pill amendment on HB 1077 in the Judiciary committee. INGO folks watching the live feed (I had the sound down for most of it) with volume up said she came across as having dementia. They ain't always nice but they are straight-forward.
    Perfect District 43: A in 2018
    Walker G District 41: A in 2018
    Walker K District 31 have no rating, replaced Jim Merritt when he ran for Indy Mayor in 2019

Bohacek District 8: B not endorsed in 2020. Voted Yea on 1296 but was Brown's main turncoat in the Judiciary Committee. He's the one that got butt-hurt when I used the example of Chicago election fraud when I was being interrogated for 16 minutes after my 6 minutes of testimony. F him

House vote was 69-30 with one excused (Moed, District 97, A in 2020, voted against 1077, I dislike him for additional reasons, F him)

R's who broke ranks:

Aylesworth District 11: A- in 2020
    Saunders District 54: B in 2020
    Ziemke District 55: A in 2020

Fleming District 71: D with a D-rating but voting yea on 1077 and 1296 and IIRC voted yea on 1369 in 2021. Only D to vote yea on Constitutional Carry. I don't know the rest of the story here, but maybe she should be graded higher.

D's Hatfield (77), Klinker (27) had A's from NRA-PVF and voted nay on 1077 and 1296

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Found the email I sent my NRA and NRA-ILA POCs after the vote on ConC.

In the Senate it was 30-20: 39 -11 R majority and 9 R's broke ranks. Here is the list and what their NRA-PVF rating was in 2018 or 2020.

Bassler District 39: A- in 2018
    Becker District 50: A in 2020
    Brown (damn I wish she was being primaried) District 15: B+ not endorsed in 2018
    Charbnneau District 5: A in 2020
    Crider District 28: A in 2020
    Glick District 13: A in 2020 Broke ranks on the poison pill amendment on HB 1077 in the Judiciary committee. INGO folks watching the live feed (I had the sound down for most of it) with volume up said she came across as having dementia. They ain't always nice but they are straight-forward.
    Perfect District 43: A in 2018
    Walker G District 41: A in 2018
    Walker K District 31 have no rating, replaced Jim Merritt when he ran for Indy Mayor in 2019

Bohacek District 8: B not endorsed in 2020. Voted Yea on 1296 but was Brown's main turncoat in the Judiciary Committee. He's the one that got butt-hurt when I used the example of Chicago election fraud when I was being interrogated for 16 minutes after my 6 minutes of testimony. F him

House vote was 69-30 with one excused (Moed, District 97, A in 2020, voted against 1077, I dislike him for additional reasons, F him)

R's who broke ranks:

Aylesworth District 11: A- in 2020
    Saunders District 54: B in 2020
    Ziemke District 55: A in 2020

Fleming District 71: D with a D-rating but voting yea on 1077 and 1296 and IIRC voted yea on 1369 in 2021. Only D to vote yea on Constitutional Carry. I don't know the rest of the story here, but maybe she should be graded higher.

D's Hatfield (77), Klinker (27) had A's from NRA-PVF and voted nay on 1077 and 1296
    I don't see her in there so I'm guessing she's gtg.

Thanks for pulling that up for me. I tried a search for her name and a 2015 thread popped up. That's the only thing I found on the entire forum. Unless my search ability is lacking.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for contacting my office to share your thoughts on protecting our second amendment rights. It is an honor to represent the Ninth District of Indiana, and I appreciate you taking the time to reach out on this issue.??

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) released a rule on January 13, 2023, titled “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached ‘Stabilizing Braces,” that categorizes pistols with stabilizing braces as short-barreled rifles, making them more heavily regulated. Opponents have said that the rule is arbitrary and vague. They are right. I believe that this is an example of the Biden Administration overreaching to the detriment of Hoosiers and Americans. The ATF’s new rule is particularly harmful to law-abiding gun owners with disabilities, seniors, and others that may require a stabilizing brace to exercise their Second Amendment rights. I will always stand for the Second Amendment, and I am extremely concerned about the ATF’s rule criminalizing possession of pistol braces.?

On March 17, 2023, Representative Andrew Clyde (R-GA) introduced a H. J. Res. 44 that will nullify the ATF’s pistol braces rule issued on January 13, 2023. I signed on as an original cosponsor to Representative Clyde’s bill. This bill has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee, and although I am not a member of this committee, I will encourage my colleagues and leadership to support this important legislation.

This is one of several steps I have taken steps to fight back against overreaching rules by federal agencies designed to take guns away from law-abiding Americans. I am also a cosponsor of H.R. 705, the Veterans Second Amendment Protection Act and H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. Both bills will ensure that responsible gun owner’s rights are protected.?I believe that every American has the right to own a gun to protect their family, enjoy a weekend of hunting, or spend time at the range with friends and family.?

I appreciate you reaching out to share your views. I will keep your thoughts in mind if any additional legislation on this topic comes to the House floor. Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to do so again in the future on any issue.?

Sincerely,

Erin Houchin Signature.
    Erin Houchin

Member of Congress

Finally got something back this year from an elected official.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for contacting my office to share your thoughts on protecting our second amendment rights. It is an honor to represent the Ninth District of Indiana, and I appreciate you taking the time to reach out on this issue.??

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) released a rule on January 13, 2023, titled “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached ‘Stabilizing Braces,” that categorizes pistols with stabilizing braces as short-barreled rifles, making them more heavily regulated. Opponents have said that the rule is arbitrary and vague. They are right. I believe that this is an example of the Biden Administration overreaching to the detriment of Hoosiers and Americans. The ATF’s new rule is particularly harmful to law-abiding gun owners with disabilities, seniors, and others that may require a stabilizing brace to exercise their Second Amendment rights. I will always stand for the Second Amendment, and I am extremely concerned about the ATF’s rule criminalizing possession of pistol braces.?

On March 17, 2023, Representative Andrew Clyde (R-GA) introduced a H. J. Res. 44 that will nullify the ATF’s pistol braces rule issued on January 13, 2023. I signed on as an original cosponsor to Representative Clyde’s bill. This bill has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee, and although I am not a member of this committee, I will encourage my colleagues and leadership to support this important legislation.

This is one of several steps I have taken steps to fight back against overreaching rules by federal agencies designed to take guns away from law-abiding Americans. I am also a cosponsor of H.R. 705, the Veterans Second Amendment Protection Act and H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. Both bills will ensure that responsible gun owner’s rights are protected.?I believe that every American has the right to own a gun to protect their family, enjoy a weekend of hunting, or spend time at the range with friends and family.?

I appreciate you reaching out to share your views. I will keep your thoughts in mind if any additional legislation on this topic comes to the House floor. Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to do so again in the future on any issue.?

Sincerely,

Erin Houchin Signature.
    Erin Houchin

Member of Congress

Finally got something back this year from an elected official.
    I think she was a sponsor of our constitutional carry bill while she was state senator.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just got this today.

Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for contacting my office about your right to keep and bear arms. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

I am an avid hunter, a National Rifle Association member, and stand in full support of the Second Amendment. In the Senate, I will oppose any efforts to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners and will protect their ability to defend themselves and their families in life-threatening situations.

For many years, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) has allowed the production and use of pistol braces, affirming that both braces and the firearms to which they are attached are not subject to enhanced regulation under the National Firearms Act (NFA), such as firearm registration with the ATF. However, on January 13, 2023, ATF issued a rule that classifies most pistols with attached braces as short barreled rifles (SBRs), thus subjecting them to the NFA. Millions of Americans own braced pistols, and under this rule, will have to register their firearms and sensitive personal information with the ATF to legally keep them. I recognize the restrictive, vague, and arbitrary character of this rule, and as a result, I am committed to supporting legislative efforts, such as a Congressional Review Act resolution, to nullify the rule.

From the time that I was elected to the United States Senate, I have supported several bills to protect the Second Amendment rights of Americans. Some of the many pieces of legislation that I sponsored or cosponsored to guarantee the rights of law-abiding firearm owners in the 117th Congress include:

The Federal Firearms Licensee Protection Act, to strongly increase the penalties for stealing any Federal Firearms Licensed business inventory.
    The ATF Accountability Act, of which I am the original sponsor, to allow businesses in the firearms industry to appeal rulings or determinations made by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.
    The Protecting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Act, of which I am the original sponsor, to prohibit the President or the Department of Health and Human Services from declaring emergencies or disasters for the purpose of imposing gun control and a federal from banning the manufacture, sale, or transfer of firearms or ammunition in response to a major disaster or emergency.
    The Second Amendment Mandates Equality (SAME) Act, to lower the minimum age to obtain a handgun from 21 to 18.
    Mass shootings and gun violence have created a complex and challenging situation in America. I believe that any solution must address the root causes of these events while ensuring that the rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment are not diminished or infringed upon. Our existing laws must be fully enforced, our law enforcement officers must be equipped and able to respond to school shooters, and importantly, our schools must be able to equip themselves with effective defenses and countermeasures. For these reasons, I joined Senator Roger Marshall of Kansas as an original cosponsor of S. 4369, the Safe Schools Act, which would allow schools to use unspent COVID-19 pandemic relief funds to purchase physical security measures and pay for new security personnel. Too often our schools are tragically viewed as "soft targets." The remaining COVID relief funds that have been largely unused or mismanaged would be well spent protecting our children by hardening schools and bolstering school security.

Thank you for contacting my office. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mike Braun
    U.S. Senator

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    April 28, 2023

Dear Mr. Smith,
    The Biden Administration is continuing their assault on the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. As you may know, on January 13th, 2023, the Biden ATF finalized a rule on stabilizing braces to expand their regulatory reach and subject millions of gunowners to more burdensome authorities under the National Firearms Act. By re-defining firearms equipped with stabilizing braces, the ATF has more power to regulate, tax, and track lawful gunowners across the country. The ATF rule especially affects disabled veterans who rely on stabilizing braces to use their firearms and would subject them to up to 10 years in jail if they fail to register their braces in time. You may be pleased to know I am a proud cosponsor of H.J. Res 44, a Congressional Review Act that would prevent the Biden Administration’s ATF from implementing their unconstitutional rule.

I am 100 percent committed to protecting your right to bear arms, and I will continue fighting the Biden administrations unconstitutional gun control measures. Our Founding Fathers could not have been clearer – the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. As a firearm owner and lifetime member of the National Rifle Association, I am passionate about safeguarding the fundamental right of all Hoosiers to protect themselves and the people they love. The United States Constitution sets forth that gun ownership is not a special privilege reserved for a select few – but is a protected freedom for all law-abiding citizens.

As your Representative in Congress, I will continue to support measures that protect Hoosiers’ Second Amendment rights and fight back against radical legislation that infringes on those rights the Founders deemed essential to our freedom. It is an honor to serve Hoosiers of Indiana's Sixth Congressional District. You can visit my website at www.pence.house.gov to learn more about how I am representing you in Congress.

Sincerely,

Greg Pence
    Member of Congress

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Once again Mr. Pence like every other idiot politician used the term “gun violence” in a statement/letter! When will these morons state the truth. It is not gun violence but criminal violence by miscreants using guns as a tool for their nefarious deeds. I’m so sick of these pandering politicians who just can’t talk straight! :horse:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I will probably cross post, this also deserves a spot here. For what it is worth I received this within 16 hours of writing congressman Baird's office, and asking why I should ever vote for him again. I can believe he received a bunch of input wanting "the deal" passed. Sad

"Dear Mr. JWamplerUSA,

I take my responsibility to represent your voice very seriously; this is especially true on votes where the stakes are so high. On Saturday, when Speaker McCarthy and President Biden announced they had reached a deal, I began painstakingly combing through all 99 pages of the bill text, running the numbers, and reading every reputable analysis or bill summary I could access. On Tuesday, I solicited the counsel of my constituents— whom I have the privilege to speak for in the House of Representatives— and the majority of you agreed: though it’s not the a perfect piece of legislation, the consequences of defaulting on the national debt were far too severe. Without the economic certainty this legislation provides, the shockwaves radiating from our nation’s capital would be devastating for millions of seniors, veterans, and hardworking American families. The repercussions would spread from Wall Street to your wallets, and I simply could not and would not gamble with your household’s financial well-being. The Fiscal Responsibility Act is a sure first step towards reining in Congressional Democrats’ bad spending habits, and the estimated $2.1 trillion in savings the CBO projects this legislation will generate is a strong down payment. This will not only spare us from paying $188 billion in additional interest fees but stands to save $6,223 per person— or $15,854 per household— over the next decade.

It’s widely contended that a deal where everyone walks away a little disappointed is the sign of a successful compromise, and this bill achieves those standards. Each party made concessions, and we walked away sparing the nation from significant and wide-reaching economic turmoil with the opportunity to learn from a narrowly-skirted disaster and room to continue making progress. We did not sacrifice the “good” for an unobtainable “perfect”, and together, just as we promised, House Republicans have taken a substantive step forward in reining in Democrats’ unchecked spending.

Congress has developed a bad habit of spending without abandon— a practice that would not be acceptable for your own household budgets— and that must stop. For every $100 accrued in debt, Congress spends $129. This unsustainable spending must stop, but before we can fix the problem, we’ve got to stop the figurative bleeding.

I appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts with me as I deliberated over how to vote on this critical legislation. The majority of you made it clear to me where you stood on this bill, and I was grateful not only to hear your advice but to honor it.

I remain humbled by the opportunity to represent you in Congress and will continue voting on legislation that promotes our shared values and puts Hoosiers and hardworking Americans first.

Sincerely,
    Jim Baird
    Member of Congress"

I suspect many in the uni-party are terrified of the monetary meltdown, they know they probably won't survive it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Dear Mr. Smith,

Since you have written to my office on important issues in the past I wanted to make you aware of my latest effort on preserving the rights of gun owners. My amendment would protect Americans’ right to bear arms from executive branch infringement by affirming that the HHS Secretary does not have the authority to institute gun control by declaring gun violence a public health emergency. Unfortunately, this amendment was not adopted, and failed 11-10 on a party line vote in committee.

The Second Amendment guarantees that the right of the American people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. I will continue to fight for American’s Second Amendment right to bear arms. I am a strong believer that a person's inherent right to self-defense and right to individual gun ownership must be preserved and defended. From the time that I was elected to the United States Senate, I have supported several bills to protect the Second Amendment rights of Americans. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mike Braun
    U.S. Senator

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Dear Mr. Smith,

Since you have written to my office on important issues in the past I wanted to make you aware of my latest effort on preserving the rights of gun owners. My amendment would protect Americans’ right to bear arms from executive branch infringement by affirming that the HHS Secretary does not have the authority to institute gun control by declaring gun violence a public health emergency. Unfortunately, this amendment was not adopted, and failed 11-10 on a party line vote in committee.

The Second Amendment guarantees that the right of the American people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. I will continue to fight for American’s Second Amendment right to bear arms. I am a strong believer that a person's inherent right to self-defense and right to individual gun ownership must be preserved and defended. From the time that I was elected to the United States Senate, I have supported several bills to protect the Second Amendment rights of Americans. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mike Braun
    U.S. Senator
    I got the exact same response. Word for word.

Top Bottom