• ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    ZurokFemale_Hand_01.JPG ZurokFemale_Hand_02.JPG
    Again not so much something physical, but still required some level of work and skill. This is the hand sculpt of the creature in my avatar. Not remotely finished, still have to finish the Subdivision Detail Pass before doing the Alpha pass (which is the pass where all the skin texture is sculpted). Started with a lower poly 3D scan of an actual hand that I mirrored and merged together, however the vast majority of the crevices were hand sculpted. Claws were merged and fused by hand. Currently the model is around 2.3 million vertices. The final Alpha Pass for the whole body will be just under 100 million vertices.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    My sister had me make her some knives for some friends of hers. These are new designs and I think the handles could be a tad longer but they are still comfortable to hold onto. All are 1084 with epoxy resin scales. View attachment 316908 View attachment 316909 View attachment 316910 View attachment 316911
    Your stuff never fails to amaze me.

I look forward to all your posts in this thread.

I'd love to come out to your shop and forge with you one day. I'll bring the cigars and bourbon.

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    what kind of forge do you all use? I would like to get one and was thinking of building a 2 burner propane but was given 4 large tubes full of coal It’s all small stuff around a golf ball size or smaller. So now im not sure if I should build a coal forge or maybe a propane one.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    what kind of forge do you all use? I would like to get one and was thinking of building a 2 burner propane but was given 4 large tubes full of coal It’s all small stuff around a golf ball size or smaller. So now im not sure if I should build a coal forge or maybe a propane one.
    I run a majestic forge 3 burner propane. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Mr. Volcano on Amazon from the people in the knife making group I’m in on facebook.

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I run a majestic forge 3 burner propane. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Mr. Volcano on Amazon from the people in the knife making group I’m in on facebook.
    Would you recommend a 3 burner over a 1 or 2 burner? If I make a knife it would probably be a 3-5” blade. Mostly I want to make latches and decorative stuff for a rat rod project I want to build.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Would you recommend a 3 burner over a 1 or 2 burner? If I make a knife it would probably be a 3-5” blade. Mostly I want to make latches and decorative stuff for a rat rod project I want to build.
    I would go with a 2 burner if I were to do it over again, honestly I’d probably go a totally different route and get an atlas mini forge with the pyrometer but if you’re going to be more focused on smithing versus blade work a two burner forge should work well for you.

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I would go with a 2 burner if I were to do it over again, honestly I’d probably go a totally different route and get an atlas mini forge with the pyrometer but if you’re going to be more focused on smithing versus blade work a two burner forge should work well for you.
    Thank you sir. I will look into the volcano. I check out the atlas a while back and was worried the opening may be a little small for larger projects.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I haven't fired up my forge yet. I got mine for free. It's a handmade deal made from a propane tank. Soon I'll be acquiring a simple coal forge for free as well. For personal projects I work in my buddies shop. He has a coal forge and a two burner hells forge. When I'm at the actual blacksmith shop for class 99% of the time I use a coal forge.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I got a call yesterday, for a last minute Christmas gift.

There's a gentleman that has a trophy room/man cave, and it has a portal window that said gentleman likes to sit in front of, while drinking his morning coffee, and peer at the outdoors. This gentleman isn't in the shape he used to be, so he spends quite a lot of time looking out of this window.
    His wife contacted me about making something to place in the window, that would bring back some of the good memories of the outdoors. I asked the dimension of the window, and their son took the measurements, so I scaled down by 1/2", hoping that will be enough wiggle room if the measurement was inaccurate, and then I'll cut trim to surround the window, and it will cover any gap. The spaces in the center, will be cut through, so as to be able to see out the window.
    Their trim is from Cherry, so this will also be cut from Cherry to match.

After showing the rendering to the wife and son, they said this gentleman will love this.
    It's on the machine and I'm hoping I can get it delivered tomorrow.

1703361476281.png

Top Bottom