• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    70 Years ago today.....your sacrifice is not forgotten.

USS Reagan rendering honors to USS Arizona one of the most sacred traditions of the US Navy.

800px-US_Navy_081117-N-9132C-160_Sailors_manning_the_rails_aboard_the_Nimitz-class_aircraft_carrier_USS_Ronald_Reagan_%28CVN_76%29_render_honors_to_the_USS_Arizona_memorial.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :patriot:
    Saulte to all that served during our nations great time of need.
    I'm sorry that my generation has taken your sacrifice in vain and that the very thing you fought against is now upon our own shores and my generation does not care. :xmad:

-Jedi

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    One of the men on my old paper route was a Pear Harbor survivor. He was at a seaplane base on the east side of the island. Got to hear some of his story, but not nearly enough.

Real America is at its best when the chips are down.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I remember being a Army Brat in Hawaii, one day while waiting outside for my Dad to finish up I noticed big chucks of brick missing from the bldgs; I asked my Dad why they didn't fix the "holes". He told me those were the bullet holes from the Zeros on 7 Dec. WOW, never forgotten that moment.

May we never forget ... I read an article today that the Pearl Harbor Assoc. is disbanding due to the lack of survivors; there are only 2,700 left of these heroes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Salute to those men and women who sacrificed and served during America's greatest time of need! The time is near at hand when Americans will need to have her best and brightest sacrifice again if she is to continue as the world's greatest nation. Pray we have thos willing to to do their forefathers justice in this regard. Again from a fellow vet, Job Well Done!!! Sacrifice Appreciated!!! Service Never Forgotten!!!

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    thrown into battle, while many had no chance to fight and died in place, without really knowing what happen and why. I was lucky the farm area that I grew up in was vastly populated with WW2 vets and Korean vets like my father, I learned from all of them what the war was about and why they fought and many died for! Sadly more of both of those wars are leaving this earth everyday, and with most of the children of today NOT being taught in school about these dates in time I fear that after my generation is pass that dec. 7th will be forgotten, and that is truely sad.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    thrown into battle, while many had no chance to fight and died in place, without really knowing what happen and why. I was lucky the farm area that I grew up in was vastly populated with WW2 vets and Korean vets like my father, I learned from all of them what the war was about and why they fought and many died for! Sadly more of both of those wars are leaving this earth everyday, and with most of the children of today NOT being taught in school about these dates in time I fear that after my generation is pass that dec. 7th will be forgotten, and that is truely sad.

Give it another 30 years and it WILL be forget as it will then really be HISTORY in the sense that their will be no living survivors of it and those who were their as kids will also be on the way out as well.

That is the way with all events.
    - Remember the alamo
    - viva la revolution "insert country here"
    - battle of bull rul (american civil war)
    etc, etc, etc...

-Jedi

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    While it is really sad that so many people today don't understand December 7 as those of us who's parents were veterans of that war, even sadder are those who forget that the New York City skyline was forever altered in our lifetime.

God bless all that wore and wear the uniform of this great country.

Top Bottom