• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Too little too late. It’s said in George Washington’s day a chief had a vision of a great white leader that would rule the land. He saw him in the vision riding into battle on a white horse and not a single bullet hurt him. After this vision there was a battle and a young Washington riding a white horse was in a great battle with this same chief. He saw him and feared and told his warriors to all fire on the man in the white horse until he was dead. Every white officer in that battle was killed except Lt. Washington. Many bullet holes were found in his clothing afterwards but not a single but even grazed him. Years later this same chief told the story when he met Washington and others. I read this in the book “Being Washington.” Then the story from our own area of Chief Little Turtle and the how he gathered the tribes and killed 1000 near Ft. Wayne in a single battle but afterwards the tribes separated and would not fight as a “team” anymore and Chief Little Turtle in so many words pretty much said united we stand divided we will fall, and seeing the division said we have lost and never fought again. Too long a story but I like history I guess, you don’t hear this in school.
    I'm a student of early American history and am familiar with the stories you wrote. There is some evidence that the story of Washington and the Indian chief is fiction, but either way a great story!
    The Defeat of American Soldiers near what is now Fort Recovery is the largest loss of life of troops by native Americans.
    It would have changed everything if Tecumseh could have held his confederacy together....

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Actually, in a disturbing bit of foreshadowing of what was to come in the Civil War, the American president sent inept Generals to fight, who had their respective asses handed to them (Josiah Harmar and Arthur St. Clair, in this case). Washington finally sent a general not afraid to kick ass, which he did in The Battle of Fallen Timbers, near modern-day day Toledo, against a confederation of Miami, Shawnee and Lenape tribes, led by Chiefs Little Turtle, Blue Jacket and Buckingehelas, respectively. The subsequent Treaty of Greenville had the Indians cede to America most of modern-day Ohio, and large parts if modern day Indiana, Michigan and Illinois.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    We should be worried about the military aged Chinese men sneaking in, not Latinos.
    Well the China fentanyl they sending is killing 100,000 a year......we didn't have that many being killed in WWII every year. That and China buying up land over here...gee wonder why, and why we just let it go on....bribes of course.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I love the news reports of Chicago complaining about the immigrants/refugees being bussed in from Texas. I also remember Chicago/Lightfoot talking crap back in the day about Texas, something to the effect of "this country should always welcome immigrants and Chicago will always welcome them" kinda funny how easy it is to say things like that when it's not your problem.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, Route 45 beat me to the punch, but I'm posting them anyway.

Basically, the private organization can only afford $88 per day per vet.
    But the Feds will pay $200 per day per immigrant.

Top Bottom