• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have a question for any LEO here who cares to answer. I'm watching COPS, right? (I know, but it's hilarious). I'm watching this pair of morons getting busted buying drugs and they're changing their story every three seconds. They're clearly guilty as hell.

I know COPS is a TV show and heavily edited. I have no illusions about that. I know you guys deal with crap as well as people who are genuinely innocent. My question is this: What percentage of the people you arrest are as big of morons as you see on COPS? It just amazes me. They grab idiot after idiot off the streets like it's no-limit hunting season. How close is that show to what you actually see on the street?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    It probably depends on where you're at.. while there's a blend of people in every locale, there are some places that have far more yuppies/rednecks/dopeheads than others..

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I read a book a few years ago about dumb criminals. One thing that sticks in my head is the story about a guy who chucked a manhole cover through a window, grabbed whatever he was stealing, ran away, and fell into the very manhole that he had taken the cover off of.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Several years ago, near where I now live, there was a hotel being built... A local cop happened to stop in doing a security check and on poking around, found signs of a meth lab. He arrested the two perps he found and while the one did as he was told, (hands up), the other turned to go out the window to escape. It was closed and he bounced off it... So he got up, opened it, and out he went!

Did I mention they were on the third floor?

;)

Blessings,
    B

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Many years ago an Indy Radio Shack was held up. Not only was money stolen but the robber took a police scanner (this was back when scanners needed crystals). A couple day later the robber shows up at the very same store wanting to buy crystals for the stoled scanner.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    My question is this: What percentage of the people you arrest are as big of morons as you see on COPS? It just amazes me. They grab idiot after idiot off the streets like it's no-limit hunting season. How close is that show to what you actually see on the street?

Oh, that part isn't made up. :D

Bart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Seymour
    The average person would be amazed at the level of stupidity we see every day on the streets. There are people everywhere just like the ones you see getting busted on COPS.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    When the camera is rolling......well it changes things. I don't mean as far as if the cameras weren't there they'd beat the guy with a rubber hose. What I suggest is that cops are people and all have different personalities. Some, when they get their fifteen minutes of fame will ham it up and not be themselves just to look good for the tv audience. The bad guys, drunks are going to be themselves cause they're so popped at times they don't realize a camera is present. The sober perts are going want to ham it up due to the camera's presence.

For the most part the ones I deal with are just sorry guys trying to lie their way out of going to jail. Every once in while you come across one that you know needs chlorine in his gene pool. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom