• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I believe that he recieved a letter stating that the method used was "legal" because there was no internal modification to the gun. Technically, what he's doing is a technique called "bumpfiring". Since it requires no modifications, it's technically "legal".

Gee, I'm redundant today...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I remember the old Hellfire system!!! Sucked ass from what I do remember! :D

Bringing back an AK? Not too sure about this. Sounds like another one of those "all cop cars have nitrous, Im sure, my grandfather was in XXXX police department" stories. They damn near strip search guys on the way back and everything goes into "amnesty" boxes right next to the ramp that isnt supposed to come back. Maybe they have a semi-auto AK and bought a parts kit that someone wasnt really watching too closely and picked the parts out. That would be about the only way I know of...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I believe that he recieved a letter stating that the method used was "legal" because there was no internal modification to the gun.

Jason says on his website (http://www.poormansmachinegun.com) that "I recently submitted a letter to the BATF asking about the legality of bump firing semi auto firearm in order to simulate fully automatic. About two months later I received a letter back. The basically states that bump firing is not defined in the NFA , and for the present time the Firearms Technology Branch regards bump firing as rapid manual trigger manipulation to simulate fully automatic fire. As long as the shooter must consciously pull the trigger for every round fired, the shooter is simply firing the gun in a rapid manner."

So according to the ATF, bump-firing is OK, the rubber band used as a bump-fire assist device is OK, Hellfire etc. are OK, a shoestring connecting the charging handle of a Mini-14 to the trigger is a machine gun, and a stock that allows the action to reciprocate and force the trigger into contact with the shooter's stationary finger is also a machine gun. Clear as mud? :n00b:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Jason says on his website (http://www.poormansmachinegun.com) that "I recently submitted a letter to the BATF asking about the legality of bump firing semi auto firearm in order to simulate fully automatic. About two months later I received a letter back. The basically states that bump firing is not defined in the NFA , and for the present time the Firearms Technology Branch regards bump firing as rapid manual trigger manipulation to simulate fully automatic fire. As long as the shooter must consciously pull the trigger for every round fired, the shooter is simply firing the gun in a rapid manner."

So according to the ATF, bump-firing is OK, the rubber band used as a bump-fire assist device is OK, Hellfire etc. are OK, a shoestring connecting the charging handle of a Mini-14 to the trigger is a machine gun, and a stock that allows the action to reciprocate and force the trigger into contact with the shooter's stationary finger is also a machine gun. Clear as mud? :n00b:

Putting on my tin foil hat for a moment:

I fear the day that bumfiring is used as an excuse to write an ATF letter outlawing semi-auto's as a whole if you get my drift....

Taking off tin foil hat:

There was at least one case that the spring loaded fore-end was legal with a letter, and then made illegal with a followup letter.

It is all a joke. Just a sad one that can land you in jail.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Hmm? Any one here have an Ak47? One might notice with some inspection that it can be made fully automatic with a file. Does that mean owning a "file" and an AK is illegal? (I keep a couple files in my SHTF bag)

Don't mean to be off topic, but I'm not even sure if that's true. You could file down the secondary sear, but even then I'm almost positive there wouldn't be enough energy for the hammer to ignite the primer. I'm not going to test that theory though!:nono:

As for the full-auto AK, I'd definitely recommend destroying it as soon as possible. How could someone even get away with smuggling something like that back?

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    What if I were to install a manual crank with a gear onto the trigger guard? It would essentially become a gatling gun, but there would only be one shot per trigger pull. What if I were to then motorize that crank and activate the motor with a palm switch like a tac light?

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    What if I were to install a manual crank with a gear onto the trigger guard? It would essentially become a gatling gun, but there would only be one shot per trigger pull. What if I were to then motorize that crank and activate the motor with a palm switch like a tac light?

You were legal up until that "motorize that crank" part! A crank must be manually done by hand. A motorized one is a big no-no! Post '86 Machine Gun and several years in prison.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    it is not that hard to get stuff back in to the us if you are military if you know or are the "right person". (i mean look at all the guys bringing back gear and stuff and selling it etc...that too is illegal) and military do personal do not have the same rules to fallow as the rest of us for a lot of things guns unparticular. So they may have things that we can not and they can do it totally legally

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    military do personal do not have the same rules to fallow as the rest of us for a lot of things guns unparticular. So they may have things that we can not and they can do it totally legally

First of all, that made my head hurt lol :n00b:

Just because you once served or are even actively enlisted, does not mean that you can violate federal law by not only having the FA AK, but illegally transporting it into the country. Especially if they "give it to their brother-in-law."

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    sanzo if you can't shape up your communication skills I'm going to ask you not to post here anymore. I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous. You are cluttering up my website with crap. Ya we can all ignore it but I'm asking you to proof read before you post please.

and military do personal do not have the same rules to fallow as the rest of us for a lot of things guns unparticular. So they may have things that we can not and they can do it totally legally

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    i never said it was not illegal for him to give it to his brother in law i said that they are aloud to have guns we are not and i also never said that he was aloud to bring it back i just was saying that its not as hard as you would think to bring things back if you know the right person

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    i never said it was not illegal for him to give it to his brother in law i said that they are aloud to have guns we are not and i also never said that he was aloud to bring it back i just was saying that its not as hard as you would think to bring things back if you know the right person

Sanzo, where do you get this notion that service personal are allowed to have firearms that we are not allowed to have? I need some clarification on that statement.

I was in the service and I was and still am held to the same standards as everyone else.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I think sanzo is referring to the fully automatic SAW or issue weapon that Uncle Sugar puts in the soldier's hand while said soldier is plying his trade.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    cwood im not talking when your off duty im saying when your are active duty

If that's all you are saying then you might as well have not even said it. We would all be morons if we thought we could go over to the local General Dynamics dealer and pick us up an Abrams tank... Of course the military has things that civvies cannot, DUH!!!!!

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    sanzo if you can't shape up your communication skills I'm going to ask you not to post here anymore. I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous. You are cluttering up my website with crap. Ya we can all ignore it but I'm asking you to proof read before you post please.

I would be remiss if I didn't give this a big:thumbsup:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I am still not understanding. Are you talking about a duty weapon that you only have possession of while in the field or during a conflict? If so these weapons are not ours personally, they are issued to us and must be returned. In fact even then they are only handed out when they are needed. Its not like you can go to the armory and say "hey I want my M16 so hand it over".

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It just so happens that I have a secret weapon for these situations, and I have been hesitant to play my hand, but now it is time....
    258trollspraynf2.jpg

Top Bottom