• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    it is not that hard to get stuff back in to the us if you are military if you know or are the "right person". (i mean look at all the guys bringing back gear and stuff and selling it etc...that too is illegal) and military do personal do not have the same rules to fallow as the rest of us for a lot of things guns unparticular. So they may have things that we can not and they can do it totally legally

:stretcher:

So you're attempting to say.
    1. It is possible for our servicemen to smuggle illegal contraband into the country?
    2. Our servicemen illegally sell gear issued to them by our country?
    3. Our servicemen are somehow exempt from federal firearm laws?
    It's entirely possible we have felons in the United States Armed Forces doing #1 and #2. #3 I outright disagree with.

:patriot:To everyone who has served our country, and NOT committed felonies. (Likely 99% of all who have served.)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Holy cow! I took a nap and this thread exploded! Some interesting stuff and some needed lojack protection. I want to assure the skeptics that my question was legit. I think it has been answered and largely concurred as a VERY serious matter. If my friend and/or his brother-in-law are full of :poop:, I still appreciate the comments on how best to deal with illegal situation. You have raised new questions for me to ask my friend about but I will not post details.
    I will, however, post a :bs:to my own thread if I determine the information I was given was wrong. Not trolling.

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    it is not that hard to get stuff back in to the us if you are military if you know or are the "right person". (i mean look at all the guys bringing back gear and stuff and selling it etc...that too is illegal) and military do personal do not have the same rules to fallow as the rest of us for a lot of things guns unparticular. So they may have things that we can not and they can do it totally legally

You my friend are RETARDED. Sorry for being so rude, but damn someone has to let you know.

In 100% seriousness, Military is not exempt from anything with any laws. I know this because I am in the military and looked to see if there were any loopholes with firearms. About the only "loophole" is that occasionally a cop will let you out of a ticket, but that is an occassional thing.

There are whats known as "showdowns" EVERYTHING YOU BRING BACK WITH YOU GETS DUMPED ON THE FLOOR IN A LARGE GYMNASIUM.

Finally, invest in yourself. Go back to school, whether it be night school or a vocational school... and this time pay attention.

Sincerely,

just some *******

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Holy cow! I took a nap and this thread exploded! Some interesting stuff and some needed lojack protection. I want to assure the skeptics that my question was legit. I think it has been answered and largely concurred as a VERY serious matter. If my friend and/or his brother-in-law are full of :poop:, I still appreciate the comments on how best to deal with illegal situation. You have raised new questions for me to ask my friend about but I will not post details.
    I will, however, post a :bs:to my own thread if I determine the information I was given was wrong. Not trolling.

The Troll Spray was not for you...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Perhaps this deployed serviceman became, somehow, all buddy buddy with some kind of contractor while over there... And that's how the AK made it back to the states; if, in fact, the story is true?

Not unreasonable to think that a (perhaps) single AK-47 made it back to the states mixed in with a bunch of "broken parts" and tools and such, is it?

And, by the way ATM, doesn't the ATF have a reward system set up for crap like this? hehe (just kidding... kind of.)

-J-

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Ok, my turn:

It's one thing to bring back a spent 105mm practice round from your weekend muster in your dufflebag, it is another to bring something back from overseas. Could it be done by someone in logistics? Maybe, but not really a concern of mine.

As to what do you do with an item you suddenly found out would be very bad for you to have in your possession, let me go with a few tips:

1. "Hey Bro, you never told me about that rifle."
    2. "Hey Bro, there's a gun buy back in XXXX this weekend, you should go and make their day."
    3. "Hey Bro, you might not want to take that to the 3-gun this weekend."
    4. "Hey Bro, I don't know you."
    5. "Hey Bro, give it back."

To be kind, the laws can be easy to break when they make little sense: i.e. when a father from one state gives his son a gun that was his grandpappies but is not kosher as dad and son live in different states.

The flack in this case is because the problem is that this is not a minor violation of BATF goofery (read - federal law), but a case of gun smuggling which is kinda seen as a more clear and intentional crime.

Additionally, people have been prosecuted for far less than this and discussion of illegal activity on a gun board makes everyone nervous as these boards are monitored by both the police and the anti-gunners. We worry about the first in that the poster could be in big trouble (and the board itself by extension if perceived as giving you advise to continue/coverup a crime), and we worry about the second as anti-gunners would love to portray us all as gun smuggling terrorist rednecks.

Add to that a tangental argument about gun smuggling in the military and this is a potential :popcorn2: thread. Except that it is about something very, very illegal.

So do what you will now that you have some info. If you want real advice, contact an actual lawyer.

Oh, and as a final comment, I do think that it is crap that soldiers can no longer bring back functional war trophies like they could in WWI, WWII, Korea, and even in the early part of Vietnam. I see no reason AK's cannot come back if soldiers have served, captured, and earned them. Maybe limit it to one longarm, one sidearm, and 100 bayonets to each soldier. But saying none at all is garbage.

But it is the current law, and a serious one at that.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    discussion of illegal activity on a gun board makes everyone nervous ...poster could be in big trouble (and the board itself by extension if perceived as giving you advise ...anti-gunners would love to portray us all as gun smuggling terrorist rednecks.

Never my intent:( I have all the feedback I need. Thank you.

If mods want to make this thread go away, I'm all for that. Maybe consider a sticky with standard hypothetical suggestions but discouraging posting of actual cases. :dunno:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    sanzo87's sig line said:
    people should not be afraid of there government. the government should be afraid of its people.

I don't know how I went for so long without noticing this...:dunno::scratch::wallbash::stickpoke:

ETA: It's fixed now!!!!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom