Lechleiter-president, chairman and CEO of Eli Lilly and Co, editorial in star today

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    this is nothing, I get an email from Bart Peterson every Friday telling us me and other employees there how they are hopeful for Obama-care.

Just waiting for a severance package.... sooo not the company it was when I hired on in 98.

rev500ss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Royal Center
    I'm so glad that they sold our plantsite. I hope Lechleiter chokes on his pay raise.

I'm gonna have to agree with you there. Hickman I hope you get the severance package but I wouldn't bank on it. if you look back greenfield got enhanced, tippe got a straight package, could the next deal be a thank you and good bye. I hope not but I wouldn't put it past them. All we kept hearing was how they didn't have to give it to us, but management was asking corporate for it.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm gonna have to agree with you there. Hickman I hope you get the severance package but I wouldn't bank on it. if you look back greenfield got enhanced, tippe got a straight package, could the next deal be a thank you and good bye. I hope not but I wouldn't put it past them. All we kept hearing was how they didn't have to give it to us, but management was asking corporate for it.
    With the amount of heads getting cut, it will only be a matter of time before the feel good illusion of "re-allocation" is no longer even chiraded out, and there will just be the first "official" layoffs in company history.:rolleyes::xmad::cool:

Last edited:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    What the heck does Lily care if a gun is stolen and used in a crime somewhere, now they are responsible for the whole country?

FSquareSKS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Lilly would fall under the school exception.. Dont the still have daycare and preschool facilities there as well? Not to mention so many apprenticeships, job shadows and summer camps

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Lilly would fall under the school exception.. Dont the still have daycare and preschool facilities there as well? Not to mention so many apprenticeships, job shadows and summer camps
    childcare is its own building on McCarty. apprentaceships? maybe for the contractors/>?

rev500ss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Royal Center
    Ogre that's another reason I'm glad that I'm not with Lilly anymore. re-allocation is postponing the inevitable at this point. I don't see them finding jobs for all of the people who currently work the jobs that they are cutting back on. If you have anything to do with manufacturing at Lilly in the US, I'd be looking for another position. It's only time before they get all of their products farmed out to second parties.

As for Lilly's stance on the parking lot bill, I think it shows just how much they follow their values what happened to "Respect For People" I thought I heard that they only hire the best of the best, and doesn't everyone get their background checked at the time of hire. It looks to me that Lechleiter is simply saying that even though you've proved that your an upstanding citizen and part of the "best of the best" your still nothing more than a soon to be criminal. I wish those who still work for Lilly the best of luck, hopefully you'll get to keep working and maybe someday the Corporate personnel will quit thinking like Daley has all these years.

rant - over

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Ogre that's another reason I'm glad that I'm not with Lilly anymore. re-allocation is postponing the inevitable at this point. I don't see them finding jobs for all of the people who currently work the jobs that they are cutting back on. If you have anything to do with manufacturing at Lilly in the US, I'd be looking for another position. It's only time before they get all of their products farmed out to second parties.

As for Lilly's stance on the parking lot bill, I think it shows just how much they follow their values what happened to "Respect For People" I thought I heard that they only hire the best of the best, and doesn't everyone get their background checked at the time of hire. It looks to me that Lechleiter is simply saying that even though you've proved that your an upstanding citizen and part of the "best of the best" your still nothing more than a soon to be criminal. I wish those who still work for Lilly the best of luck, hopefully you'll get to keep working and maybe someday the Corporate personnel will quit thinking like Daley has all these years.

rant - over
    Sorry to revive this thread, but that is golden right there.

Top Bottom