• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Just went to purchase a glock 29sf and the only one they had in the store was in the LE case. Glock is having some kind of sale for LE, paramedics, military, and fire department personnel and the gun in the case was priced accordingly for the sale. I am not elligible for the sale price but asked about buying the gun at normal price and was told those guns were for LE only and I could not purchase.

I guess what I'm asking is why they could not sell me that particular gun?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

That "sale" is an ongoing discount for LEO and .mil folks. The guns allotted for the discount have some additional accessories (like an extra magazine I think). I believe they also come in a different colored case.

As such, they don't sell "regular" Glocks at the discounted price, and they don't sell "LEO" Glocks at the regular price.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Let me guess, you were at Steven R. Jenkins?

as far as what Esrice says:

Unfortunately the specialty guns like the G29 and the G36 don't have the extra magazine. Other than used Glocks I've gotten a couple at the Publc Safety price as an EMT, but SR Jenkins has recently gotten to be fairly stuffy about who they sell to and now they won't even sell magazines unless you have an ID from your service, your PSID card is no longer enough. I used to buy uniforms and the like from them when I was working in Indy but since they've changed their policies I don't go there anymore.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    The case is the same Black. The Sticker is what tells the story. A Blue Sticker is LE and a White is WE. There are a couple of other colors that have meaning as well but I can not remember off the top of my head. And the LE is a GLOCK mandate not a law. I know of a BLUE LABEL IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR but it was owned by LE first.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Glock case labels:

White: Glock pistol with a magazine capacity of ten rounds or less (sub compact pistols and those sold in States that have a limit of ten rounds in the magazine).

Red: Glock pistol with a magazine capacity of more than ten rounds (ie; a standarde glock pistol magazine)

Blue: LE Glock pistol ( These are just standard Glock pistols but are reserved for,"First responders", ie; Law enforcement,fire, paramedics, federally licensed flight deck officers etc.) They are also available to members of GSSF and Glock Certified Armorers with a card that is issued with the GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) membership card.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Just went to purchase a glock 29sf and the only one they had in the store was in the LE case. Glock is having some kind of sale for LE, paramedics, military, and fire department personnel and the gun in the case was priced accordingly for the sale. I am not elligible for the sale price but asked about buying the gun at normal price and was told those guns were for LE only and I could not purchase.

Was that at Jenkins? Been thinking about a G29, do you recall if it was a generation 3 or 4.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Join GSSF.

If you join GSSF you will become eligible (after one year or with a two or more year initial membership) to purchase one Glock pistol per year at a price that is just $25.00 over the LE pricing, a substantial savings. You will also be able to compete in GSSF matches. And how fortuitous for you that we will be having a mach at Eagle Creek Pistol Range at the end of this month! :D Saturday and Sunday June 30 and July 1 2012. Membership details and match schedules are on the link I am attaching. Come on out and enjoy the fun!! :rockwoot: :)

Link to GSSF: Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    If you join GSSF you will become eligible (after one year or with a two or more year initial membership) to purchase one Glock pistol per year at a price that is just $25.00 over the LE pricing, a substantial savings. You will also be able to compete in GSSF matches. And how fortuitous for you that we will be having a mach at Eagle Creek Pistol Range at the end of this month! :D Saturday and Sunday June 30 and July 1 2012. Membership details and match schedules are on the link I am attaching. Come on out and enjoy the fun!! :rockwoot: :)

Link to GSSF: Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

I second this, and to top it off last couple times at Jenkins they didn't even upcharge me the $25. LE pricing!!!:rockwoot:

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    I purchased a G34 from SRJ using my GSSF coupon and was very impressed with the service I received. I bought it at LE price not at the GSSF recommended price.

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    It is a restriction by Glock, not your local gun shop. Don't blame them, although I'm sure the person working the counter could've taken the time to explain that to you in order to avoid any harsh feelings over the matter.

As others have mentioned, there are numerous ways for someone to qualify for the discount so don't feel left out. Just find a way to qualify if it is important to you.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    It is a restriction by Glock, not your local gun shop. Don't blame them, although I'm sure the person working the counter could've taken the time to explain that to you in order to avoid any harsh feelings over the matter.

As others have mentioned, there are numerous ways for someone to qualify for the discount so don't feel left out. Just find a way to qualify if it is important to you.

Not butt hurt over it but an explanation instead of no you can't have that and we don't know when we will have one may have kept me from going elsewhere and ordering what I was after.

+1 to Raining Acorns in Austin where I ended up ordering from: $530 before tax which is cheaper than I could find online. It should be here by this Friday.
    He does not keep any stock but can order what you want at the best price I could find. He can also order RRA direct at what seemed to be a very good price

Last edited:
    Top Bottom