• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I am having a hard time trying to decide on whether to buy a new LCP2 or a EC9S. I have an original LCP and have carried it a lot for many years but I got to handle a new LCP2 and WOW I was amazed at the trigger and sights. I then looked at the EC9S and really liked it as well plus its 9mm. I know the EC9 isnt huge but probably too big for pocket carry when I would want to. I have read and watched all the tests on 380 vs 9mm in small auto loaders. In others opinions, do you think the 380 in self defense ranges (8-10 feet) a viable cartridge? How about against heavier clothing? I carry Hydra Shok in my LCP and it has just been an awesome pocket carry pistol, in fact many times it has been my edc.

jake 2000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    indianapolis
    I trust the lcp2 great pocket gun will eat any ammo you put in it only downside is it only comes with one mag. Don't listen to anyone who says 380 isn't a good self defense round there probably just trying to compensate for there "little gun" there are many videos showing the penetration and there's even a video that shows a 22 long rifle at 200 yards penetrating like six layers of denim and still going through a pork roast and on a side note I found hornady Critical Defense in my 380 to be one of the most accurate

Sdleach08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2018
    Greenwood
    The LCP 2 has a lot of benefits that make it a great pocket gun. The EC9 is about $50 less, sights aren't as great, and triggers not as good. I did order an EC9 due to price and reliability and going to try to pocket carry it. If I had more money to spend, I would probably go with a Sig P938. Ruger has great quality for the price.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I vote for the EC9S...at the minimum, it's bumping you up from a 9x17 to a 9x19 mm round...and keep in mind, most ammo performs better in longer barrels!

I you really want a challenge to see how different ammo and different calibers perform...take a couple hundred rounds and head to a junkyard (with permission, of course) and shoot at/through parts of a vehicle that you may need to shoot through in order to protect yourself (windshield, side door panels, etc.) It's amazing to see which calibers penetrate and those that just ricochet off.
    I first did this 21 years ago...opened my eyes as to how ammo performs in real life...experience matters!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom