• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital

Saw the following on a different forum, gotta admit it is VERY interesting!
    This is not my LCP, I repeat, NOT MY LCP!
    WOW! Nice reloading work there DUDE!
    :n00b:

truly outstanding product support and customer service from ruger and crimson trace.
    i blow up a lcp and ct laser with my reloads and tell both companies this and i get a new lcp with original serial # ( #s are white?) and anew laser, no charge!

i sent email with pic to ct and asked if i could get laser housing replaced or did they take trade ins. 90 minuets later i got phone call from ct saying he was sending a new laser and pre paid mailer for me to send damaged laser back in.

i called ruger and said if they would give me a email add. i would send them pics of a lcp i had blown up for their scrap book. they said send the gun. i shipped it ups as unusable gun parts for $8 rather than $43 for working gun. ruger rec. gun july 6 and i got new one july 23.

i had no thoughts of contacting either company after the kaboom because it was clearly my fault this happened. after i posted the pics so other reloaders could see what happens when one gets careless, it was suggested that ruger and ct might cut some slack on repairs if i lett hem know about it. they cut out all the slack. wow.

thanks to ruger
    thanks to crimson trace

blownuplcp.jpg

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    ruger

ruger has always given outstanding service. i bought a used gp100 that someone had put a scope on and they lost the rear sight. called ruger explaining all of the above, sent me a new rear sight free. the rear sights on a gp100 are a nice adjustable sight. bought a new s&w 629 classic. shot everything high at 50 yards. called s&w explained gun shot every load very high and needed a different front sight. was told for 50.00 plus shipping they would send one out. the front sights on a 629 classic are plastic.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My LCP has swallowed a couple hundred rounds with no issues. They are not really a fun gun to shoot, but that's not really what they are for. The fuss is about a small, lightweight gun that is easy to conceal, cheap, and works well. When I carry, it is the LCP 99 percent of the time.

WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    I really like my LCP especially for carry purposes. It is good to know Ruger is standing behind their product regardless of the use/misuse.

Thanks for the heads up on reloads...I have stayed away from reloads for just this purpose. It isn't worth body parts, guns, accessories, or serious injury to reload or shoot reloads.

I'm not dissing reloading or reloads I just don't believe I can effectively do this as well or better than the quality manufactures out there.

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    "It is good to know Ruger is standing behind their product "....

Better than standing beside or in front of it......:)

I own one so I can joke about it.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I commend Ruger and Crimson Trace for their customer support, BUT...when I read this:
    i had no thoughts of contacting either company after the kaboom because it was clearly my fault this happened.

I gotta say, why would you expect a company to replace something you purposely broke? Should we expect that from a car company when we put the wrong oil in... or a tire company when we add an extra twenty pounds of pressure... or Black & Decker when we put the wrong sized blade on the power saw?:dunno:

Our gun companies and suppliers are being attacked from all sides. Do we need to have them pay for our mistakes too?

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I commend Ruger and Crimson Trace for their customer support, BUT...when I read this:
    i had no thoughts of contacting either company after the kaboom because it was clearly my fault this happened.

I gotta say, why would you expect a company to replace something you purposely broke? Should we expect that from a car company when we put the wrong oil in... or a tire company when we add an extra twenty pounds of pressure... or Black & Decker when we put the wrong sized blade on the power saw?:dunno:

Our gun companies and suppliers are being attacked from all sides. Do we need to have them pay for our mistakes too?

I don't see the harm in asking. He didn't try to conceal the fact that his own dumb mistake caused the kB. Both manufactuers stepped up and said ok. They did not have to and could have told this guy to take a hike.:nono: I don't think anyone in the firearms community would have batted an eye.

Now agreeing to replace all the damaged parts? That gets buzz on the interwebs and publicity for the company. Probably worth the relativly small cost of replacing the items.:twocents:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Let me offer a different perspective.

Both companies can bring the failed parts back, inspect them, and add to their database of failures. When future owners aren't as honest with how the parts failed, they can compare to these known parts, and then make a warranty decision on them.

To replace these is relatively cheap compared to spending 10's of thousands or more on abusive testings to test for tall the hypothetical "what if scenarios."

They now have a fairly congrete failure mode and mechanism from this failure that they can learn from.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    What my point is... There's no way a company can produce a product that will not fail under every imaginable condition. Years ago, I read about a guy who sued Stanley Tools for a "defective screwdriver". He punctured his eardrum while using the screwdriver as a Q-Tip. He won the case.

Now, this guy willingly overloaded a round and damaged his pistol. How would Ruger have prevented this? AND how was Crimson Trace responsible??...just for being attached to the experimental Ruger? Both companies did an outstanding job on customer service. Bravo!! But, the customer had no right to go to them for restitution.

I just believe that a person should take responsibility for their own actions.

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Reading is fundamental:
    At no time did he ask for or even imply he was asking for restitution.
    "i called ruger and said if they would give me a email add. i would send them pics of a lcp i had blown up for their scrap book. they said send the gun."

The kaboomer asked CT if he could get a replacement housing. CT replaced the entire unit free of charge of their own volition.

The kaboomer offered Ruger photos of his gun for their scrapbook. Ruger replaced the gun free of charge of their own volition.

These being new designs, I imagine both CT and Ruger are eager to have some data points for in-the-field failure analysis. So it's a win/win for both. And both companies get some well-deserved PR.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    O.K. I'm glad he got a new pistol and laser.:yesway:

It's just not something I would have accepted. My appologies if I offended anyone. And still, the world goes on.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    What my point is... There's no way a company can produce a product that will not fail under every imaginable condition. Years ago, I read about a guy who sued Stanley Tools for a "defective screwdriver". He punctured his eardrum while using the screwdriver as a Q-Tip. He won the case.

Now, this guy willingly overloaded a round and damaged his pistol. How would Ruger have prevented this? AND how was Crimson Trace responsible??...just for being attached to the experimental Ruger? Both companies did an outstanding job on customer service. Bravo!! But, the customer had no right to go to them for restitution.

I just believe that a person should take responsibility for their own actions.

and this is why prices are as high as they are....

not to mention it applies to healthcare as well... thats why i support the malpractice lawsuit CAP.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Wow, people are reading things into this that are not there. Bravo to Ruger and Crimson Trace! I'm going to have to get a CT laser for my LCP.

Poo on the guy who sued the screwdriver company.

Top Bottom