• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bought the gardener a new trim mower this year, a Stihl battery powered one. She gets grumpy when they don't start for her and I have to start them. This one starts right up.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Run time?
    It's supposed to be comparable to a tank of gas on a similar self propelled mower powered by gas. She only uses an SP for trim work, so it should be fine, has a rider to do the bulk of the lawn. I'll post up her comments once she takes it out for the first time, but I have a chain saw that I use for trim work that runs on the same batteries and like it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My garden tractor does snow removal all winter, so it is continually serviced year round. My son removed the plow yesterday, so we're half-way to mounting the deck.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I try to have all of our tractors/mowers serviced by the end of February to have them ready for March, just in case we have an early spring. I have been caught unprepared before when an early spring hits. This year it is important for me to be prepared because I will be cutting my neighbors acreage as well. He recently passed away from Wuhan flu.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I just have a push unit. Last weekend i did upgrade, my old 10 year old one started rusting out so bad it would shoot grass at my shins. Upgraded to a new awd Toro last weekend. Today after picking up the doggo poop just for craps and giggles i went out behind the shed hit the primer 3 times and the old troybuilt fired off first pull. Didnt even put fresh gas in it. Im keeping the engine and scrapping the rest.

I also picked up a new head for my 20v Delwalt weedeater. The oem one is hot garbage, but this new one just takes 10” chunks of .080 line and i like it alot better. Also not having to fuss with mixing gas and starting a weedeater is worth every penny.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    My 50 year old Cub Cadet leaked about half of its contents of transmission oil onto the shop floor, again, over the winter. I put dye in it and pressure washed it when I parked it so I'm hoping to actually find the leak this year.

As usual, I'm right on schedule... a solid 2 months late. One of my neighbors was out mowing 2 weeks ago. :nuts:I think he just wanted to drive his tractor around.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    My 50 year old Cub Cadet leaked about half of its contents of transmission oil onto the shop floor, again, over the winter. I put dye in it and pressure washed it when I parked it so I'm hoping to actually find the leak this year.

As usual, I'm right on schedule... a solid 2 months late. One of my neighbors was out mowing 2 weeks ago. :nuts:I think he just wanted to drive his tractor around.
    I have to agree. I would go with the :nuts:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Shouldn't you be in a state like Kentucky to service family members?

Sadly, this gem is in a thread where it will likely go unnoticed by the masses.

My hat is off to you. :laugh:

ETA: Puts an entirely new spin on the OP if you ignore the subject of the thread. Poor guy... Only once a year?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    It's supposed to be comparable to a tank of gas on a similar self propelled mower powered by gas. She only uses an SP for trim work, so it should be fine, has a rider to do the bulk of the lawn. I'll post up her comments once she takes it out for the first time, but I have a chain saw that I use for trim work that runs on the same batteries and like it.
    Guessing batteries must have come a long way.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

My 53 yo Bolens has a tyranny leak , but I know where, damn axel seals

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My 12 year old craftsman self propelled mower has been really good to me. Only thing I've replaced is the front wheels. Haven't changed the spark plug, air filter, blade, or drive belt. 1 oil change in 12 years.Starts in 2 pulls everytime. All I do is run it out of fuel before winter..

Top Bottom