Please reply by conversation.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    SOLD

I have 750 rounds of Indian OFV74 surplus Nato .308/7.62x51. This is the good stuff from the 70's when the British still ran the factories. It is packed in bandoliers on stripper clips. I would trade it for 1200 rounds of decent 7.62x39 or 900 rounds of brass cased 5.56/223 55 grain or 750 rounds of 62 grain brass cased. This stuff shoots great, check it out on FALFiles, there are several posts about it over the years. It is reloadable boxer primed brass as well. Same deal as above, will travel a little for a good deal, otherwise local pickup around Jeffersonville. Cash as pictured with the ammo cans and all would be $360, without the cans, $340. This price is less that you can get Wolf steel case .308 crap for and I know it is much better ammo. Plus the cases are reloadable so I think that is a fair price.

85d462fa-aa31-4a4a-8d4a-de46cd6d3e1d.jpg

LAKE CITY SOLD, INDIAN OFV74 STILL AVAILABLE

I have 2000 rounds of late 1990's Lake City 7.62x51 / .308 Nato ammunition. Standard 147 grain, reloadable brass case boxer primed. Would split up in 500 round increments. Actually a few more in each bin since I didn't want to take the chance of shorting someone.

I have sold my FAL and acquired an AR and am looking for 5.56 ammo now, mostly just range ammo. Looking to trade preferably. I can get 900 Federal bulk 5.56 on stripper clips shipped for 320 so I would value something like that around 36 cents a round. I have no idea what Lake City surplus would go for now since you cannot get it like that now. I guesstimate its worth to be around 55 to 60 cents a round. I would like to trade this for 5.56 on a 3 to 2 basis.

There has to be some guys out there that stashed a bunch of surplus 5.56 years ago when it was cheap that want some .308 and don't want to pay today's prices. So, lets trade some of your surplus you bought cheap and stacked deep years ago for my surplus I bought cheap and stacked deep years ago.

If purchase offers are all that come in, then I am asking $550 per thousand or $300 per 500. Southern Indiana, Jeffersonville. Will travel a little for a good trade, otherwise please come pick up, I will not want to ship this stuff, way too much hassle. There is a gun show next weekend in Louisville, if I may take it there for trading if someone here is not interested.

8b68cb60-7991-4746-8011-1c195b378561.jpg

LAKE CITY SOLD

Last edited:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Bumping. Someone out there must want some good .308 that has a bunch of .223 stashed back when it was cheaper.

About a year ago I traded 500 rounds of it for a crate of 7.62x39 that someone probably bought back when it was $89 or less for a case. Good deal for both of us... he had plenty of the good old Norinco stuff (and I mean a crap ton) so he "felt" like he was paying .18 cents a round for stuff you cannot touch now for under .60 cents in that quantity. Sure, he could have sold a case for quite a bit and simply bought some .308, but that is an extra couple of steps we both were able to skip.

If my prices or trading wishes are too out of line, please PM me, you wont hurt my feelings. I am just comparing current prices to each other and hoping someone else has older stuff stashed from the good old days of ammo pricing 10 or 15 years ago like I did. Just checked Wideners, and a 1200 round case of IMI 62 grain green tip is $409 and IMI 55 grain blasting range fodder is 1200 for $379.

I have probably traded off a close to a couple thousand rounds of this over the last few years and shot up at least a thousand back when I thought you would be able to get it forever. Just like we are fondly remembering the days of $7 bulk packs of Federal 22lr at Walmart...

Last edited:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    The Indian OFV74 (on stripper clips) is still up for grabs, had several nibbles on the Lake City but nothing firm yet so first good offer. Someone has to have some older 5.56 from 2012 that would make the .308 look cheap compared to today's prices. Cash will work, I can order 1200 rounds of IMI for what I can buy 1000 rounds of PMC locally, so I might come out even better. I would go $360 on the OFV74. And to be honest, it shot every bit as good as the Lake City.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Bumping, the Lake City is sold, Indian OFV74 still available. Added trade options and cash price. Somebody wants ammo for Christmas... I know I do.

This stuff does not eat anything, it can sit on my shelf waiting for the next Sandy Hook type event and double in cash price for all I care. Not that I don't care if another Sandy Hook happens mind you... hopefully the next time some jackass does that, someone ignoring a gunfree zone makes him new hole in his forehead before he can get started.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom