• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    Come on guys!!! No need to get down!! lol We still have a Couple more weeks!!!!! Late Archery here I come!

Maannn.... it was WET today!! I would have been nice if it was about 5-10 degrees colder today so the snow wouldn't have melted so easily/fast!!

Hopefully I get BIG **Grand Daddy Long Horns** Tomorrow!!!

Again, Good Luck to all!!

>>>>>HICKMAN...I've read a lot of your posts... and come on now... you dont have to hang it up tomorrow!! Tomorrow Evening will be a very good hunt. Go to Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground type in your ZIP...and look at the forecast....pressure...precip....and everything.... After you read how tomorrow is suppose to turn out. You'll for sure get out there!!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I may go hit my Brown Co spot tomorrow, at least I've seen does there.

Won't be getting up early though, need to catch up on some sleep.

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    I may go hit my Brown Co spot tomorrow, at least I've seen does there.

Won't be getting up early though, need to catch up on some sleep.

You ain't kiddin!! I need to do some catchin up also!! But I will still be up at 5am. lol When you are walking through the thickets, stay as low as you can, take only 3 or 4 steps then stop. make sure you look in EVERY direction possible and watch for Any type of movement. OH... and if ya have a scope.. keep the moisture off of it!! Mine had water on it ALL day today. Oh Well.. Good Luck!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Been out the last 2 weekends and nothing. I was really hoping my son would tag a deer this season. Today we saw 3 does all out of range or on someone else property. Don't know if I will be doing late Archery.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    >>>>>HICKMAN...I've read a lot of your posts... and come on now... you dont have to hang it up tomorrow!! Tomorrow Evening will be a very good hunt. Go to Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground type in your ZIP...and look at the forecast....pressure...precip....and everything.... After you read how tomorrow is suppose to turn out. You'll for sure get out there!!

yeah, now I realize I can't be a hypocrite when I tell my kids it's never over until it's over.

I'll be hitting the woods at 2:00 for the "Hail Mary" hunt.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    ROFL. I shoulda stayed home and watched football. Took a wrong turn on a trail and came out on the road... 3 miles away from my jeep. Had a nice little hike after dark :D

I will say that I found a great new deer trail do to the snow that I hadn't seen before. Now I know how they are traveling to the bottoms on this piece of state property.

All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    ROFL. I shoulda stayed home and watched football. Took a wrong turn on a trail and came out on the road... 3 miles away from my jeep. Had a nice little hike after dark :D

I will say that I found a great new deer trail do to the snow that I hadn't seen before. Now I know how they are traveling to the bottoms on this piece of state property.

Secret spot for next year!

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Soooo..... This evening I hunted the field that I ALWAYS see deer during the evening and Only saw 4 deer through my binoculars that were about 300-400 yards away. I couldnt ever make out if any were bucks. AND then....THE LAST 15min of Legal Shooting Light, I saw what I thought was a doe about 160 yards away... I decided that I may as well go ahead and take it(I was waiting for the big buck ive been seeing)..... I shot at the deer from 160yrds away... It didnt run or anything.. it just stood there, put its head down, started eating again, and as I was thinking...."how in the HECK did I miss it"....it fell right over!!! :rockwoot:

After it fell over, I waited only 5min before I started walking towards it because there wasn't hardly Any light left. I counted my steps and it was right at 160 steps (one step= one yard for me) Once I came upon the deer, I shined my light on it and it was a Little smaller than I had thought, so I felt its head and it was Definately a "Button Buck." HEY, thats fine with me!! It uses up my Muzzleloader Tag and puts meat in the Freezer!! PLUS, I still have 2 more weeks!!!

Its hanging right now, and will be taking it to get it processed tomorrow night!!!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    nice shot!

I'm done for the year as I sold my bow earlier to get this new muzzleloader.

Then again, I could make a longbow... but I think I'll hang it up as I haven't had anything close enough to take with firearm, let alone a bow.

Was fun deer hunting this season, learned a lot for only my 2nd year hunting whitetail. Still happy over the fact I took a doe last season.

Still have yet to see a buck in the woods.

Top Bottom